The MT-07 Forum

New MT owner

208MT07

Hey everyone, new to the forum. New to the FZ/MT platform but have been riding for a couple years now on the street. Just picked up my 2018 MT-07 in Matte Grey on Friday(very first one sold in Idaho), and am already loving it. I've already put over 100 miles on it just over this weekend, and I'm sure the first 1k will be here soon. This is my very first brand new vehicle of any kind, and I'm very happy with my purchase. Glad to be here and to be part of the MT family! 

-Dylan 

Pics:

NctTP3Qh.jpg

u10ns5vh.jpg

z7mIoFjh.jpg

ZJKv37Ih.jpg

Q2geKjwh.jpg

• Global Moderator

Welcome to the family.  I am looking forward to seeing the new MT in person.  So far there has not been one at my local dealer.  I will have to stop by next week and see if that has changed. 

18 minutes ago, mjh937 said:

Welcome to the family.  I am looking forward to seeing the new MT in person.  So far there has not been one at my local dealer.  I will have to stop by next week and see if that has changed. 

Thanks! I think they look so much better than the previous model. I would think they might have at least one in the next week or so. Our dealer wasn't getting any released from their warehouse until 4/16 in white and blue, and weren't even supposed to have access to any matte grey until 4/30 but since I had 2k in cash to put down the dealer manager pulled some strings to get me mine early. 

10 hours ago, 208MT07 said:

Hey everyone, new to the forum. New to the FZ/MT platform but have been riding for a couple years now on the street. Just picked up my 2018 MT-07 in Matte Grey on Friday(very first one sold in Idaho), and am already loving it. I've already put over 100 miles on it just over this weekend, and I'm sure the first 1k will be here soon. This is my very first brand new vehicle of any kind, and I'm very happy with my purchase. Glad to be here and to be part of the MT family! 

-Dylan 

Pics:

NctTP3Qh.jpg

u10ns5vh.jpg

z7mIoFjh.jpg

ZJKv37Ih.jpg

Q2geKjwh.jpg

Would that be Gowen road Chevron?  I live in Meridian. 

Welcome to the forum! 

Werbenjagermanjensen

Ugh, I'm so jealous. Been waiting for that color at my dealer for over a month now...

I should probably try that cash tactic.

Welcome, jerk ;)

AlbatrossCafe

haha I was like "why does that FZ look so much better than everyone else's?" and then I realized you got 2018. I thought the design changes were subtle enough that it wouldn't make a difference, I guess it does. It looks a lot more put together and doesn't look as cheap than the 2015-2017s.

1 hour ago, Cruizin said:

Would that be Gowen road Chevron?  I live in Meridian. 

Welcome to the forum! 

Yes it is! Thanks!

• Premium Member

hmmm... its safe to say the 2018 are the 2nd generation bikes... much nicer looking overall finish..

. i really dont see much body work from the 2018 that will easily fit/ retrofit on the 2015-17 without buying all the 2018 bodywork...even the airbox has a new look...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member

Nice and welcome! Them rims really pop out next to other bikes 

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

12 hours ago, motomeek said:

Nice and welcome! Them rims really pop out next to other bikes 

There you are! Where ya been?! Missed you!

Beemer

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, Beemer said:

There you are! Where ya been?! Missed you!

Haha, I've been around :)

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member

Nice looking Bike. I just picked up a 2017 this morning (First Motorcycle). Looking forward to getting a chance to ride it in a few days.

• Premium Member
cornerslider

Nice looking bike! Welcome to the fun club 😎

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

13 hours ago, motomeek said:

Haha, I've been around :)

Out knocking over banks for a new 18' FZ??? lol! Good to see you, didn't know what to think.

Beemer

Werbenjagermanjensen
13 hours ago, Hellbound said:

Nice looking Bike. I just picked up a 2017 this morning (First Motorcycle). Looking forward to getting a chance to ride it in a few days.

Awesome, I'm waiting on an '18 for my first! We'll figure this motorcycling thing out together.

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, Werbenjagermanjensen said:

Awesome, I'm waiting on an '18 for my first! We'll figure this motorcycling thing out together.

I really wanted the 2018 model over the 2017 but couldn't wait and saw this one sitting in the shop and as soon as I sat on it, I had to have it.

Archived