The MT-07 Forum

List of ECE 2205 motorcycle helmets

Cruizin

ECE certification is the most up to date, and the most recognized worldwide. It is more rigorous than DOT testing, and tests additional aspects of a helmets overall robustness (e.g. an abrasion test.)

Moto GP recognizes/requires ECE 22.05 Helmets, and they don't have cars pulling out in front of them/coming up behind them.  

Lets keep this thread full of only just links to and discussion of ECE 22.05 Helmets.

Bike Bandit has over 500 ECE rated helmets Bike Bandit ECE 22.05 motorcycle helmets

Cycle Gear has almost 300 ECE 22.05 Helmets and their inhouse/lower priced BILT and Sedici lines have some affordable ECE options!  Cycle Gear ECE 22.05 motorcycle Helmets

Revzilla has a list of over 600 ECE 22.05 Helmets - Revzilla ECE 22.05 motorcycle helmets

I'm very excited my Nexx Dual hi-viz helmet gets here tomorrow from Revzilla. I was gonna go with the Arai XD4 after trying it on at Cycle Gear, but the Nexx was $200 less (on sale), lighter, AND has a dropdown sun visor. After two years with my Icon Primary I have realized its the wrong shape for me and a helmet can be so much more comfortable.

• Like 1

Ya mean my hemet is not good

hemet.jpg

• Like 1

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

2 hours ago, fuzzmedic said:

I'm very excited my Nexx Dual hi-viz helmet gets here tomorrow from Revzilla. I was gonna go with the Arai XD4 after trying it on at Cycle Gear, but the Nexx was $200 less (on sale), lighter, AND has a dropdown sun visor. After two years with my Icon Primary I have realized its the wrong shape for me and a helmet can be so much more comfortable.

You got a good deal on that, great job! 

• Premium Member
On 4/15/2018 at 9:03 PM, Cruizin said:

I was always kind of leery of Cycle Gear's Bilt and Sedici brands, but they have helmets that are ECE 22.05 rated. 

I couldn't bring myself to wearing any of the Bilt helmets I inspected at my local cycle gear, just my opinion, there maybe better models that are not on show at my store. I don't know, some of the modular ones are similar to to other brands, but that's a road I'm not venturing down.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, fzar said:

Bilt

Anything is shet

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• 5 weeks later...
  • Cruizin pinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...