The MT-07 Forum

Just talked to Flashtune

Cruizin

They are working on a Flashtune and Harness kit for the FZ-07 right now. So, at least it is in the works.

At this point I am working with someone who buys their kits and flashes other people's ECU's and may use him to provide mail in tunes for you.

Or, if Flashtune was interested I may just let them advertise on here to you. Not sure if they would even be interested.

Or, I may just buy the kit, the licenses and flash the ECU's for you myself. I do have a background in tuning ECU's and a good friend with a Dyno for testing.

That is where we are at and I will update as soon as I get more info.

Just get your own kit and go for it Rob! You worked wonders on my Mustang and would love to see you tuning bikes bro! Fuck working with other people, your tunes rock.

• 5 months later...

So Flashtune is sorta the equiv. to TuneECU http://www.tuneecu.com/ for japanese bikes?

Just had a look at their site and those cables gave me a bit of sticker shock. 10 years ago, guys were building their own from bits and pieces, sometimes kits. Nowadays, those cables should be more like 50 bucks - like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/TUNE-ECU-CABLE-LEAD-APRILIA-ADAPTOR-REMAP-YOUR-CAPONORD-FUTURA-RST-MOTORBIKE-/380823704808

I'm not planning on changing the pipe - I like things quiet. But I suspect there's a few more HP lurking about with a bit better breathing. That airbox is just a bit teeny by modern specs. Of course, that'll come at an mpg cost.
Also with the O2 sensor in closed loop, the system might be able to adjust itself to an increased airflow to some extent.

Personally, I think the EFI behaves pretty dang well right out of this box. There's only just a hint of on/off throttle snatchiness on occasion. I've owned and ridden way (WAY) worse.

Yeah, I'll just go with a power commander so I can have a custom dyne tune done because each bike is different and you cannot guarantee a tune in SoCal on the beach is going to work for Denver even on the same bike with the same mods. Yeah fuel injection makes it much easier and you don't have to switch jets but there is no such thing as a one size fits all tune.

Follow me on Instagram. http://instagram.com/trebec

• 1 month later...
Yeah, I'll just go with a power commander so I can have a custom dyne tune done because each bike is different and you cannot guarantee a tune in SoCal on the beach is going to work for Denver even on the same bike with the same mods. Yeah fuel injection makes it much easier and you don't have to switch jets but there is no such thing as a one size fits all tune.
With EJK Fuel Controllers, you just rent their AFR guage. It tells you the Air/Fuel ratio all across the RPM range and you can dial it in on the bike. No Dyno needed and it is more accurate than Power commander.  

• 3 months later...
2wheeldynoworks
So Flashtune is sorta the equiv. to TuneECU http://www.tuneecu.com/ for japanese bikes?  
Just had a look at their site and those cables gave me a bit of sticker shock. 10 years ago, guys were building their own from bits and pieces, sometimes kits. Nowadays, those cables should be more like 50 bucks - like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/TUNE-ECU-CABLE-LEAD-APRILIA-ADAPTOR-REMAP-YOUR-CAPONORD-FUTURA-RST-MOTORBIKE-/380823704808

I'm not planning on changing the pipe - I like things quiet. But I suspect there's a few more HP lurking about with a bit better breathing. That airbox is just a bit teeny by modern specs. Of course, that'll come at an mpg cost.
Also with the O2 sensor in closed loop, the system might be able to adjust itself to an increased airflow to some extent.

Personally, I think the EFI behaves pretty dang well right out of this box. There's only just a hint of on/off throttle snatchiness on occasion. I've owned and ridden way (WAY) worse.
Just to clarify something for you, the difference between companies. TuneBoy/TuneEcu, which we use both, are working on bikes that have left their software code unlocked. Meaning we can plug into the factory diagnostic ports of most bikes they work with, download the tune files, and edit them, and reload them back into the ecu. 

FlashTune/FTecu, is actually taking locked coded ecu's, cutting them apart to get to the diagnostic pins, downloading the code, cracking the code, then creating a software program, allowing us editing ability where we can now reload our own changes into the ecu. 

So, one is just a bit more involved than the other. For the record, Triumph as of 2013 has locked their ecu's down and TuneEcu doesn't work on them anymore. 

Even stock, an ecu flash changes many of the variables you don't think about, engine braking, timing maps, throttle mapping, on/off transitions become butter on a hot day smooth, there are just so many options that can be adjusted it's crazy. 

With EJK Fuel Controllers, you just rent their AFR guage. It tells you the Air/Fuel ratio all across the RPM range and you can dial it in on the bike. No Dyno needed and it is more accurate than Power commander.
I'm just wondering, how is the EJK more accurate than a Power Commander? And how have you tested this?

• Premium Member

Nels,

If you're reading this..just wondering if you got my text. I haven't seen a reply. It's Paulie from Vegas :)

- Paulie

Archived