The MT-07 Forum

Hail from Seattle!

allbeefpatty

Hello all! I picked up my 2016 Raven FZ-07 brand new in June after riding my buddy's fizzer. I've been lurking on this forum for too long; figured it was time to introduce myself :)

Haven't modded 'er much but:

SW Motech Center Stand

GenX Sport flyscreen

Powermadd Sentinel Handguards

Cyclops LED headlight

Vagabond Motorsports rear brake reservoir relocator

59c07cb2954e9_fz-07urban.jpg.4877421e0d859e7e8ffe9d3ee598bcc3.jpg

1 hour ago, Cruizin said:

Welcome the forum and congrats on your bike! Looks like you have a good start on upgrades. You are close to the best FZ-07 tuner there is. @2wheeldynoworks 

I was so stoked to see they were just a short jaunt north of me. I'll definitely be dropping off my ecu with them this winter.

Also, really diggin' the new forum upgrade.

• Global Moderator
9 hours ago, allbeefpatty said:

I was so stoked to see they were just a short jaunt north of me. I'll definitely be dropping off my ecu with them this winter.

Also, really diggin' the new forum upgrade.

They will flash it while your wait.  It does not take very long, just call them to let them know your are coming.  They are great to deal with and it is a fantastic mod, even with the stock exhaust.  

If what they say about Seattle is true, you may want to look ate changing your tyres to Pirelli Pilot road 4's. Second to none in the cold and wet.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

21 hours ago, gregjet said:

If what they say about Seattle is true, you may want to look ate changing your tyres to Pirelli Pilot road 4's. Second to none in the cold and wet.

We use chains and studs in our tires here in the PNW.  I just drill 3/4 inch drywall screws into my tires :)

Ya we cal lit here "The Gray"

Welcome Seattle person, Snohomish area I is

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

There is a very good and , unfortunately closely named book, about grey called "Shades of grey" ( no 50). About discrimination based on eyesight. Author: Jasper Fforde of "Friday Next, Literary Detective" series.  Worth a read if you want a concept of the arbitrariness of discrimination.

On 9/22/2017 at 11:34 AM, r1limited said:

We use chains and studs in our tires here in the PNW.  I just drill 3/4 inch drywall screws into my tires :)

Ya we cal lit here "The Gray"

Welcome Seattle person, Snohomish area I is

Ahoy! That's where the good riding is!

I prefer 1/2" manila rope; water evacuation is second to none!  But to each their own ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 9/21/2017 at 2:23 PM, gregjet said:

The rear does have an emergency PR4 thanks to the nail I caught at around 800 miles. I'm also finding the BT023 on the front ain't so bad in the wet.

Bridgstone sucks hate em, haye em, hate em.  Hate em worser than roids on a bumpy road.  Did I tell ya bridgestone suck

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

R1, do you mean ALL bridgestome's suck, or just the particular variety of disaster they created for the oem 07. I find the stock 023's to be VERY unBridgestone.ie totally marginally and harsh. I have had some brilliant Bridgies ( all time fav, no longer made BT090 that I used on several small-med race bikes).

On 9/25/2017 at 11:16 AM, pjfz1 said:

Looking at visiting Seattle late in the year to get away for a few days..

Welcome to the forum!

Is that the Fabbri Gen-X Screen?

It is! It is the shorter sport version in satin. And darnit if it don't actually help with wind! Not so much the blocking of it, but it seems to clean up the airflow over the front. This is my 4th naked bike, and of them, the FZ-07 has THE absolutes worst turbulence by miles. The screen has definitely helped with highway comfort in that respect. Also it looks sweeeet!

If you are riding up/down/over here, bring your rain gear. As r1 mentioned "The Grey" is coming...

Archived