The MT-07 Forum

Stock reflash

phanomenal07

Also, please open and look at the ecu flashing board in this forum. https://fz07.org/forum/20/yamaha-fz-07-ecu-reflash/

we have a section on this forum full of info for most any topic/question you may have about the fz07. Lots of reviews and valuable info left by thousands of fz owners all over the world.

and if isn't enough, you can also click the search bar and search for ECU Flash. 

• Global Moderator
2 hours ago, phanomenal07 said:

Did any of you guys reflashed or add a fuel management system to a stock fz?

I had my ECU flashed by @2wheeldynoworks.  It is completely stock except I removed the intake snorkel (which is really easy to do).  It transforms the bike.  It is much smoother and the engine braking is reduced.  Removing the snorkel also made the exhaust sound better, although you can now hear more intake noise (which is not really noticeable when I ride with earplugs in).  I highly recommend it, you will not be disappointed. 

I'm running the Doebeck EJK. It's nice and simple and effective if you don't care about ignition advancement and engine braking. 

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

I had my stock FZ-07's ECU flashed by 2wheeldynoworks. The only modification is the snorkel is removed. Just like mjh937 mentioned, the bike runs smoother and the engine braking is reduced. It makes a great bike even better, by taking off some of the "rough edges".

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker
7 hours ago, Eastern Kayaker said:

I had my stock FZ-07's ECU flashed by 2wheeldynoworks. The only modification is the snorkel is removed. Just like mjh937 mentioned, the bike runs smoother and the engine braking is reduced. It makes a great bike even better, by taking off some of the "rough edges".

Has your fuel consumption changed?

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

56 minutes ago, bornagainbiker said:

Has your fuel consumption changed?

A little, but may be because I am riding the bike a little harder. At the same time I did the ECU flash, I had pattonme install Matris 15 cartridges in the forks and I replaced the rear shock with a Nitron R1 shock. My gas mileage was averaging around 55 mpg and is currently 50 mpg.

The suspension upgrade enables the bike to handle corners much better and improves the overall ride of the bike.

• 3 weeks later...

I just had my bike flashed by my local tuner to fix the throttle response at on / off throttle jerkiness. He said that Yamaha cuts off the injectors at

closed throttle. He now has the injectors stating on. He also noticed that the fuel doesn't start richening up until 8000 rpms so increased the fuel a little

in the midrange. My bike is stock. Made my bike much more enjoyable to ride and the mpg actually got better( 1or 2mpg). It was worth it for $200.00.

I remover ecu and handed it to him. He flashed it while I waited.

Archived