The MT-07 Forum

How much for exhaust

phanomenal07

I'm looking to buy a full exhaust system. I'm prolly gonna have a shop put it on for me and I also want it to be tuned after. Can anyone who done this give me a roundabout estimate of how much this will cost? 

Also will getting it tune eliminate the need to get fueling remap or reflash and stuff?

im pretty new at this so details would be nice thanks

Full exhausts will run you about 500-1000 dollars.

The "tune" IS a fueling remap and flash and stuff.  Actually physically going to a dyno tuner and having them tune your bike will be about 400+ dollars.  If you get one of the widely available exhausts it will probably just be easier to get an ECU reflash done by 2 wheel dyno works.  Donor bikes have already been dyno-tuned with various exhaust set-ups, and then that ECU flash profile is stored at 2wdw.  You send in your ECU to them, they reflash it, essentially giving you the tune without actually bringing your bike to them, and they mail it back.  The mail-in reflash costs about 350?  Currently on sale for 315 bucks.

Electronic Fuel Injection has made this whole motorcycle tuning business much easier.

Now, if you manage to buy an exhaust that isn't popular, then you will need to bring your bike in to your local reputable tuner and pay 400+ bucks.

Send your ecu to 2wdw for reflash $350

Exhaust $?

Labor for install : $90 minimum 

tuning is reflashing the ecu basically.  Unless the ship you are going to has FTECU software and harnesses then you would need a Power Commander V (400$)which is what the majority of shops use to connect with the Ecu to tune it. Let's assume they have the fz-07 FTECU harness the dyno tune can cost anywhere from $150 to $300 dollars.

Black Widow Exhaust all the way.  I paid $215 for a full exhaust.  I gained 5 bhp on the dyno after a full tune.  And it sounds sick.

700 to 2500 that is including the Flash and other mods to make the best of that exhaust 700 for the cheap exhaust and flash to a full tT .  LET IT BREATH

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Premium Member

2WDW offers packages if you buy an exhaust thru them and send in ECU... it was cheaper for me that way then to find/wait/get lucky with a good deal on my exhaust choice

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2017 at 7:42 PM, pattybags said:

Black Widow Exhaust all the way.  I paid $215 for a full exhaust.  I gained 5 bhp on the dyno after a full tune.  And it sounds sick.

Wait are you serious?

5 hours ago, phanomenal07 said:

Wait are you serious?

Dead serious.   They're based out of the UK.  I'm sure the Akra and Yoshis might be better, but for 3-4x times the price, I'm not so sure anymore  LOL.  The full tune cost me double what the exhaust cost me.  I've had the exhaust for over 5k miles, couldn't be happier.

I was able to buy the Akra Ti/Carbon pipe recently for $610, shipped. This is arguably the best power producer on the market, and when I was shopping originally, it was over $1000. So happy as a clam . . .

Archived