The MT-07 Forum

eBay center stand. Anybody using one?

shinyribs

• Global Moderator

Is it really made of iron like the description says?  I would like to see some photos of it mounted on the bike. 

• Premium Member

ehhhh I would at least go for the SW motech one as its a known brand and fitment problems should be non existent... 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, shinyribs said:

Heck of a lot fairer price than the SW Motech offering. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/272609587200?chn=ps&dispItem=1

I cant count how many people here have taken the Chinabay gamble and wasted their money instead of buying the tried and true part right from the start.

Personally, a cheap azz kick stand would be the last thing Id chance.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

For me ebay is for cosmetic things like bar ends, mirrors and screens etc. Basically things that you buy and if they're no good you say some colourful words, regret spending $20 and get the proper one. Things like stands and rearsets are worth splashing out for as they are items where ptoduct failure is a big deal. 

A friend of a friend bought some cheap rearsets from ebay and his right footpeg snapped off during a ride we were on. Not saying it'll happen to you but if it does, good luck staying on your bike and if you do, good luck returning it. 

I guess what im trying to say is if you want to take the chance of walking into your garage to see your motorcycle on its side just to save a few bucks then thats your choice. 

Looks like a clone of the SW Mototech one. $176 isn't much cheaper. If it was $75 I'd try it.

Got new red 2015 FZ-07 on 7/22/16!
Black 2006 Honda ST1300 53K miles.

12 hours ago, peteinpa said:

Looks like a clone of the SW Mototech one. $176 isn't much cheaper. If it was $75 I'd try it.

My thoughts exactly. It's priced too close to the "original" to be a knockoff. 

And I recently bought two things for my bike from SW Motech and was kinda disappointed with both items. $250+ for their centerstand is just to much, especially when I'm not currently a fan of theirs. 

It is a knock off. heck try a bid of $80. If I didn't already have the SW one I'd try.

Got new red 2015 FZ-07 on 7/22/16!
Black 2006 Honda ST1300 53K miles.

• Premium Member

FYI: I was able to get the SW Motech centerstand noticeably cheaper than revzilla  from @bellissimoto which is a forum supporter.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

I can't speak for that center stand but I do have the SW Motech stand and so far it works just fine. It is a little pricey but when I think back on all the other expensive things (expensive to me) I've bought for the bike, like my Akra carbon fiber exhaust, my belly pan, my helmet, my jacket, etc, etc, it occurs to me I've already gone over the line for stupid spending a long time ago and paying a premium for the best shouldn't come as a shock and steer me away from what I deserve. Join the club and spoil yourself ... get the better of the two I say. Besides, how you gonna brag to anyone about a cheap product? ::)

Beemer

Archived