The MT-07 Forum

Another new rider!

cyow5

Hey everyone! I'm new to bikes but so far I am loving it. I come from the lightweight Lotus world, so I that's what really drew me to the FZ. Plus, the Elise engine was partially developed with Yamaha, so I like that tie-in, too haha. Anyway, the timing couldn't have been worse - instead of spending the gorgeous weekend in the garage putting the car back together (wiring issue in a Birtish car. Who would've guessed...), I went riding. I really need to get my parking space back beside the Lotus, but I keep getting distracted somehow

IMG_1411_2.thumb.jpg.2366a795279cf2cb1b073d21389553ef.jpg

Welcome @cyow5!  Great group here, we're happy to have you.  

And your Lotus... :P  I saw you posted saying you're in Woodbridge, I'll keep an eye out for ya- I'm in the area, working in Fairfax making the horrible commute :'(. Thank the Lord for the FZ07!

Woohoo! Just got my skills test done yesterday and passed. I had only ridden a motorcycle once before getting my own, and I had my permit for a month before taking the test. I had read too many horror stories of guys failing over and over, so I practiced this weekend at the DMV to get familiar with the course, and that was a huge help. That and having an agile bike! One reason I was drawn to the FZ07 (and SV650 and Duke 690, the others vying for my attention) was to be able to maneuver it easily so it made easy work of the skills test. I really feel sorry for the Harley guys who have to do it though...

@Redstang4 I saw an FZ07 turning onto 123 from Old Bridge the other afternoon. I didn't get a good look, but it was black with aftermarket exhaust. I think. 

Two things beside welcome.

Wow a vehicle with more plastic than the 07!

And: Go do a high quality motorcycle handling course and see if you can get the "twist of the Wrist" videos. They will help you head off and bad habits at the start.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome! Nice Lotus you have there, be safe out there while riding your newest addition.

Archived