The MT-07 Forum

Love it or, hate it? Yamaha Bagger

Mr.Puss

• Premium Member

The Yamaha "Star Venture" was posted here previously and I'm sure plenty of you have seen this newest version, the Yamaha Bagger "Star Eluder"?
As a general personal preference I dont dig this class of scooter, but I really like the styling on this chunky blacked out version that looks like it came straight out of some Japanese anime like 'Macross' or 'Mobile Suit Gundam' etc. Pew! Pew!

What are your impressions?

https://rideapart.com/articles/called-yamaha-unveils-bagger

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

As I am a young person at least 25 years away from retirement I give it a great big meh.
Same but you gotta admit that thing's kinda badass lookin' 

• Premium Member

I've seen uglier bikes with bags.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Personally I would ride the shat out of it. I have a Voyager 1200 for 2up road trips and was looking at a Wing or F6b as an upgrade. Now the plot thickens.

Pozer Bike for those who cant fit the mold of a HD rider

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

I am not a young person 25 years from retirement and I can't stand em (I am 64). BUT i am in the ulysses club and the comment is quite valid. The vast majority of them ride cruisers or trikes. I find the idea just aweful, but I think a lot of people go through like thinking " one day I will get a motorcycle and easyrider around" so they get a giant lump.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

I have a love/hate relationship with it.  Being that the price is so close to the venture, it would be a difficult sell in terms of comfort for the mrs. (the only reason i'd get a bagger/tourer).

Two up long road trips.... Maybe.  But there's no 2-up for me and the wife (wife won't ride) and there's certainly no long road trips where I live, so I think I'll pass.  That seat does look comfy though and I like the full color info screen.

12 hours ago, dmoney said:

+1 on the fjr1300. Looks like its the perfect mix of everything i could ever want or need on a bike

Different seat height and position though.

Very different bikes really.

• Premium Member

2wheel RV ...just missing a built in porta john... 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Archived