The MT-07 Forum

Season finale' 5 hour endurance race

mossrider

Team is set for the 5 hour endurance race at BIR September 24th!  I'm teamed up with arch enemies purple 99 Katie and 354 Sonia. We're up against some stiff competition, Katie's husband Jon's team (track record holder) and Sonia's boyfriend Chris' team (heir apparent fast guy). We're gonna run the FZ07 and try and run a mistake free race in hopes of unseating the champs. Along those lines I spent the entire weekend disassembling the bike and cleaning and lubing every componant. Fresh safety wire, oil change, filter, chain, sprockets. The Devils in the details I guess. 

14435156_10157470242105641_2516447508719634059_o.jpg
Sonia trying to put a wheel under me in T10

IMG_9434_L.jpg
Katie between me and her husband Jon

Gonna be some great fun!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2017 at 10:15 PM, c0al67 said:

good luck! if you have a gopro or cam, hope you get some footage. I love the fz07r, I can't find enough footage on youtube of them to satisfy me!

Well it's in the books! Had a couple decent races in the dry on Saturday. Had time to watch several races too since I didn't run so many this time. Great time on Saturday. Sundays endurance was awesome. First half was dry and we were doing well till it started to rain during my stint. Being on slicks in the wet is a no-go so in for a green flag tire swap to rain tires. Lots of Carnage but we stayed up and finished 6th in class and 14th overall. I'll take it. On a side note I think the bike is sold so I have an off season project now. Top secret schlit in the shop! IMG_20170924_171259849.thumb.jpg.b01952f38000ad86c8314ffdacde36e3.jpg

IMG_20170924_162002485.jpg

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, mossrider said:

Well it's in the books! Had a couple decent races in the dry on Saturday. Had time to watch several races too since I didn't run so many this time. Great time on Saturday. Sundays endurance was awesome. First half was dry and we were doing well till it started to rain during my stint. Being on slicks in the wet is a no-go so in for a green flag tire swap to rain tires. Lots of Carnage but we stayed up and finished 6th in class and 14th overall. I'll take it. On a side note I think the bike is sold so I have an off season project now. Top secret schlit in the shop! IMG_20170924_171259849.thumb.jpg.b01952f38000ad86c8314ffdacde36e3.jpg

IMG_20170924_162002485.jpg

Off season project!  Do Tell! :)

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

Just now, foss said:

And the rest of the carnage that goes along with that beautiful suit.......think it'll buff out???

FZ07.jpg

Vince and Larry, the crash test dummies...

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, foss said:

And the rest of the carnage that goes along with that beautiful suit.......think it'll buff out???

FZ07.jpg

Did anything bend that you know of?  Forks or frame?

And if the tail section bends is anyone going to weld up a removable tail section?  Assuming it is a legal mod for you guys?

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

15 hours ago, blackout said:

Did anything bend that you know of?  Forks or frame?

And if the tail section bends is anyone going to weld up a removable tail section?  Assuming it is a legal mod for you guys?

So far the frame, radiator, etc all look straight, but I haven't had time to strip it down and verify. Fairing stay is even still straight. 

More from the 5 hour endurance weekend...

Aaron and I kicking back between bouts of brilliance, er, stupidity

IMG_7685-4K.jpg

Archived