The MT-07 Forum

Hello from Canada

TheWulf

Just picked up an FZ-07 as my second bike - used but not abused (hopefully!) 2015, red, 1500km (less than 1k mi), for ~US$2700 + my trade of a not-so-fresh Ninja 400. Feels like a good deal. 

She comes with a windscreen, intake grills, passenger seat cowl, fender eliminator, bright PIAA bulb up front, LED turn signals front and back.

IMG_20170830_172825.jpg

Such a nice upgrade. Minor gripes about the suspension (feels like it came off a Corolla) and it's really rear-heavy. I find myself leaning over quite a bit to accelerate without wheelies. On the flip side, it's super nimble, easy to lean, and a lot of fun to drive. I'll be adding a radiator guard and frame sliders shortly, then we'll see how long I can tolerate the seat.

Any other really common upgrades on these? Debating weighted bar ends to help with the vibrations. 20 minute drive home and my hands were tingling.

Welcome Eh'

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Hello.

Your bike already has weighted bar ends in the stock bars, so don't go order anything yet. Also, give the stock seat a try before you toss that, too. I'm 6'2" & 220lbs. I'm quite surprised with how comfortable the stock seat it. I expected it to be garbage.

Congrats on the new bike, and ride safe!

Reflash helps get rid of unwanted wheelies ( it is still bum heavy though). The snap lift is because of the staccato fueling.
Shineyribs has a way tougher rear than I because I found the seat one of the most uncomfortable seats ever...and I ride endurance mountain bikes...I went to a Seat Concepts cover/pad. As usual I was rewarded with a seat that I can sit on for more than 30mins before I have to stand up.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Premium Member

A swanky Hordpower filter (vendor) and PC-V is very a nice combo. Extra lights are always useful. Check out the Helite airvest as well (vendor).

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

[div]Welcome and congrats! If you're having to lean forward and popping wheelies a lot when you aren't trying to it's operator error. Try giving it less throttle when you take off and don't pop the clutch, let it out quick and smooth. That should help. GL! Enjoy your bike and stay frosty![/div]

Beemer

Shineyribs has a way tougher rear than I....

I honestly don't even have an a$$. Where I was a kid my parents had to spank the neighbors boy when I got in trouble.

A swanky Hordpower filter (vendor) and PC-V is very a nice combo. Extra lights are always useful. Check out the Helite airvest as well (vendor).
I saw that vest... pretty neat.  

[div]Welcome and congrats! If you're having to lean forward and popping wheelies a lot when you aren't trying to it's operator error. Try giving it less throttle when you take off and don't pop the clutch, let it out quick and smooth. That should help. GL! Enjoy your bike and stay frosty![/div]
No wheelies yet! Trying to keep it that way. I'm sure I'd get some if I didn't shift my weight though. On the Ninja I could WOT from 2k rpm and it would be stable all the way through. I guess something something more power/more responsibility  :P

I saw that vest... pretty neat.  

No wheelies yet! Trying to keep it that way. I'm sure I'd get some if I didn't shift my weight though. On the Ninja I could WOT from 2k rpm and it would be stable all the way through. I guess something something more power/more responsibility  :P
I misunderstood, I read that as you were pulling wheelies while leaning forward. I gotcha! I got on it hard one time and didn't lean forward initially and it came up fast and high, I thought it going to flip but I leaned forward, let off the gas and it dropped back down. This bike can surprise you. I get those small 6" wheelies fairly regularly when banging into 2nd and accelerating hard. I love'm! Especially when coming out of a corner with the bars crossed up.  P-)  

Beemer

Archived