The MT-07 Forum

Any recommendations for mods

mjdavis1994

So here's the list of parts I just ordered. Some because of a wreck and some just to upgrade ::

Blurple Frame
Black Rims
Drag Bar
Hand grips
Water pump cover w/ gaskets and bolts
Yoshi R77 exhaust
TST integrated tail light
Woodcraft Rearsets
Flush front turn signals
Dunlop Q3 (in the cart trying to decide on tires)

I want to order CRG Arrow bar end mirrors can anyone wanna chime in on if it's worth it? I had El cheapo CNC round ones but didn't use them a whole lot. Maybe I'd use them more if they didn't vibrate everywhere.

Also I'm wanting to get a better tire I've got the Q3 on my cart for order but wanted some feedback before I order.

I want to get the bike flashed and I'm dropping it off for a cage to be made from Chris Hydogen when I get back.

After all this is put on my mods will be as follows..

Windscreen
R6 Throttle Tube
Drag Bar
Yoshi R77 Full Exhaust
TST Integrated Tail Light
Flush Signals in the front
Tail Tidy
Frame sliders
Woodcraft Rearsets
Crash Cage & Sub Cage
ECU Flash
Different color tank plastics
Anything silver on the body blacked out
CNC Shortie Levers

I think that's all.

Anything y'all might recommend? I don't wanna change the sprocket and chain out till I have to and wanted to go down 1 tooth in the front up two in the rear.

Seriously though, no suspension upgrades?
The only sticker I wanna put on it is a subdued American Flag on the side cause Mercia ??  
anywho, thought about replacing the springs/oil viscosity, putting the (rebound/dampening I believe they're called) knobs on the forks and replace the rear spring however I'm not experienced enough to know where to start for what I want. I can feel it when I'm hitting a corner hard the bike feels unstable at times but I don't know whether it's the front or rear. 

• Premium Member

Bitubo suspension is getting alot of praise on this forum...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Just off the top of my head, heres some stuff I or other people have done:
Headlight led upgrade
Radiator guard
Seat upgrade
Rear seat cowl
Rear hugger
Front axle sliders
Rear sliders &/or spools
Belly pan
Stainless brake lines
Tap int the aux connector for phone charger etc...
+1 on the suspension upgrade front and back
And double +1 on the extra fuel tank sticker.
Have fun and keep us posted.

Also - if you wanna try the q3 or q3+ they are having some big rebates (75 - 100$) right now if you search around. I've heard nothing but good things about them both, but I stick with the bridgestone s21 hypersports just because i'm familiar with them and have learned their limits, and they get great mileage.

• Premium Member

The s21 Bridgestones are working well for me so far.

Hordpower installed K-tech cartridges in my front forks. He also sells rear shock options.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

Thanks for the tips guys! I'll be looking into some some of these I think the suspension will be next up on my list after a tune.

• Premium Member

I'm gonna add a couple of things here:
brake pads. I'm running the CL XBK5 pads up front and like them.
Horn. I'm running the Denali sound bomb mini
Also, maybe some fork sliders.

It looks pretty well covered but steel braided brake line did come to mind, for that little extra bit of bite before you hit the corners hard.
I know it's not a bike part but since low siding occasionally accompanies hard riding I recommend these riding pants if you don't already have some. They're mesh w/Kevlar to help keep you cool and rash free. Closeout price: $39.00.  ;) I have a different pair of mesh pants and they do help with the heat.
http://www.compacc.com/p/sliders-scaldare-mesh-pants

Beemer

I absolutely love the q3 for sport riding and the occasional track day. They'll wear in about 3k miles with sporty riding, but they grip like no other.

I second the suspension upgrades recommendation, absolutely worth every penny. Suspension, reflash, and throttle tube are probably my top 3 "ride quality" changes.

I have crg's and they don't vibrate at all, work great.

I absolutely adore my CRG Arrow mirrors.... I also got the Rhinomoto bar ends for them (I'm using stock bars).
Fantastic set up, they don't vibrate and you have no blindspot.

Archived