The MT-07 Forum

Replacing Sena Batteries

duenan

How long do they last for you?

I'm asking because I have purchased my 3rd battery for my SMHR10R in about 2 years.  I have 2 headset units.  Already replaced 2 batteries.  Most likely need to buy another.  You'll know they need replacing when either 1) it no longer charges.  Or 2) it only charges directly through the adapter (not through the headset- generally you only get the adapter when you buy a replacement battery) and when reattached to the headset, power is lost/dies in less than a minute.

So they seem to last for me about 1 year with frequent usage.

Also I want future purchasers to know they will need to replace the battery down the road.  20-30 bucks a pop.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

topazsparrow

Thanks for sharing this.

I've had my 20s for 2 years without issue, but I'll keep this in mind when replacement time comes.

Sena might be the best of the bunch, but they're still actually a little buggy and weird at times.

• Premium Member

Going almost three years with my 20s (dual pack). No battery issues here.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Oh looks like the 20s has a more expensive "non-replaceable" battery built in (although you can find how-tos on replacing the battery). Man, the SMH10Rs replaceable battery is a real POS.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

There is a woman in Australia who went to the trouble of sourceing the batteries to replace the 20's. Bought mine a while ago so not sure if she still has them. She had them on ebay but I found her through an Aussie forum. Simple resolder and they are a bigger capacity.
I always run my intercoms with motorcycle battery power though so they tend to last a lot longer.
BTW if you are using bike power, remove the stock 12v plug and replace with a DIN ( like BMW's) type and put a DIN socket on your bike. They clip in better and don't tend to pop out.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Archived