The MT-07 Forum

Hi everyone! I am glad to be an FZ-07 owner (Got the bike!)

qcchopper

Hi everyone, I just signed up here, and I just signed the papers and gave a down payment on a 2017 FZ-07, I'll get it in around 10 days and I can't wait. I've been lurking on these forums for a week or so and decided I'll join sooner or later and there's nothing like the present.

I will get my temporary motorcycle license Tuesday which will allow me to drive it only when accompanied by an experienced rider but I can't wait! From Tuesday to the week after I'll have to ride using my old '83 Suzuki GS400, but I'll be dreaming about my FZ-07 all that time.

Here's the bike, sorry for the picture quality:

MY_BIKE.jpg

upload photos to internet

I have already ordered a Yoshimura Fender Eliminator kit and LED turn signals to have installed on the bike before I pick it up.

Other planned mods:

-R6 throttle tube.

-OES frame sliders.

-LED running light strips, mostly for security reasons as I will be riding late often and I live in a very badly lit rural area.

-Cyclops H4 headlight bulb, thanks to the many people who suggested it.

-Mirrors, I'd like some reasonably sized inverted bar-ends but not the round ones, I'd like a similar shape and size as the [span]   [/span]originals but under the handlebar.

-Painted wheels, either powder coat or water transfer printing graphics in a super bright and cold diamond/ice blue shade. (so I can stay frosty)

-Maybe a bag, if I can find one that doesn't cramp my style, which I can't seem to at this point so I'll keep my backpack for now.

QcChopper

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome and congrats!  Be sure to adjust the headlight beam with you on the bike. There are instructions in the "How to" area of this forum. Also most riders need to adjust the height of the shift pedal to be able to shift comfortably. Be safe out there.

Welcome and congrats! If you're concerned about being seen a lot of people on this forum have bought the aftermarket head light by Cyclops. It's LED, stays cool, very water resistant, excellent customer service and it also helps YOU to see everything better. Much better as a matter of fact. That stock, yellow beam they call a light is almost a joke in comparison. Stay frosty!

https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/3800-Lumen-H4-LED-Headlight-bulb-_p_83.html

Beemer

Welcome and congrats!  Be sure to adjust the headlight beam with you on the bike. There are instructions in the "How to" area of this forum. Also most riders need to adjust the height of the shift pedal to be able to shift comfortably. Be safe out there.
That's good advice, I will probably go aftermarket on the headlight though, something more retro and badass, I really like this one but I don't know how it will perform. 
Krator%20Headlight_zpskwqwtouh.png

I am a bit worried as it is really inexpensive and sold at Wal-Mart so I will check review but this is the look I'd like to go for.

EDIT: Nevermind the headlight, apparently it is total crap...

Welcome and congrats! If you're concerned about being seen a lot of people on this forum have bought the aftermarket head light by Cyclops. It's LED, stays cool, very water resistant, excellent customer service and it also helps YOU to see everything better. Much better as a matter of fact. That stock, yellow beam they call a light is almost a joke in comparison. Stay frosty! 
https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/3800-Lumen-H4-LED-Headlight-bulb-_p_83.htmlI will definitely check it out, but I am such a newbie, are bulbs universal? I want to change the headlight and I don't know it the bulb will fit there. I have posted the headlight I'd like to install just above this post.

Congrats! And great choice on the color.

As for the LED headlights, there's the updated 7000 lumen version (what I have on mine) and it is super bright. People will see you from a mile away and you'll pretty much have portable daylight when you ride at night.

Installation is pretty straight forward. There are plenty of tutorials on this forum and on YouTube. I used this one to install mine.

You do you and I'll do me.

Congrats! And great choice on the color. 
As for the LED headlights, there's the updated 7000 lumen version (what I have on mine) and it is super bright. People will see you from a mile away and you'll pretty much have portable daylight when you ride at night.

Installation is pretty straight forward. There are plenty of tutorials on this forum and on YouTube. I used this one to install mine.
Yeah I love the color, which is weird cause I never thought I'd go for a blue bike, I am really not big on blue but it is so lively while the red paint is uniform and dull, I liked the black '16 but it is too plain IMO and I hate the neon yellow wheels on the '17 matte gray, as for the '16 blue frame and wheels, it is very nice, and I do plan to have the wheels either water-transfer painted or powder coated diamond blue. 
As for the bulbs, I am planning to go aftermarket on the headlight and I need to know if it will likely fit. Here's the headlight I'd like:
 Krator%20Headlight_zpskwqwtouh.png

EDIT: Nevermind the headlight, apparently it is total crap...

https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/3800-Lumen-H4-LED-Headlight-bulb-_p_83.htmlI will definitely check it out, but I am such a newbie, are bulbs universal? I want to change the headlight and I don't know it the bulb will fit there. I have posted the headlight I'd like to install just above this post.

Just make sure the bulb is for an FZ-07.  

Beemer

• Premium Member

Welcome to the club!

Im pleased with the OES sliders all around, and +1 for the Cyclops headlight to replace the stock birthday candle. If you're concerned about being seen you might also consider mounting some extra lights, perhaps led spots/pods or some "Bikevis bullets."
I added 4x Denali DM micro pods to the forks as well as 6x Bikevis bullets around the windscreen, 2x led strips to illuminate the engine and Horde filter and 2x red Bikevis at the license plate and custom amber dlr/signals on the sides of the scoops. Lots of bright white and amber.

While you're at it consider ditching that useless party horn for one of the many killer air-horns by Denali, or Stebel, and a rad guard, and a exhaust, and some suspension, and a HordPower filter and PCV, and a comfier seat, and a tail tidy, and handlebars, and mirrors, and a brake strobe, and a 2WD flash, and rear-sets, and....

The vendor section offers lots of goodies.

(This the CDN Bikevis supplier)
https://www.motorcycleinnovations.ca/category_s/2089.htm

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Welcome to the club!  
Im pleased with the OES sliders all around, and +1 for the Cyclops headlight to replace the stock birthday candle. If you're concerned about being seen you might also consider mounting some extra lights, perhaps led spots/pods or some "Bikevis bullets."
I added 4x Denali DM micro pods to the forks as well as 6x Bikevis bullets around the windscreen, 2x led strips to illuminate the engine and Horde filter and 2x red Bikevis at the license plate and custom amber dlr/signals on the sides of the scoops. Lots of bright white and amber.

While you're at it consider ditching that useless party horn for one of the many killer air-horns by Denali, or Stebel, and a rad guard, and a exhaust, and some suspension, and a HordePower filter and PCV, and a comfier seat, and a tail tidy, and handlebars, and mirrors, and a brake strobe, and a 2WD flash, and rear-sets, and....

The vendor section offers lots of goodies.

(This the CDN Bikevis supplier)
https://www.motorcycleinnovations.ca/category_s/2089.htm
Thanks for the welcome and suggestions, I will add the Cyclops bulb to the OP as I now plan to get one thanks to all the suggestions, seems like I can't go wrong there. I can see myself getting mirrors for sure, handlebars maybe down the line, as for the other stuff I don't think so at least in the short future but probably some kind of small and very unobtrusive bag, I am still looking for a super light rear seat soft bag that will be almost invisible when empty, the problem with all the soft bags I have seen is that they keep their shape so they are still the same size when empty, and I would like a bag that I could leave on permanently that wouldn't cramp my style all the time. Anyone know of such bag, please let me know. 
The mod I want to do more than anything at this time is to paint the wheels diamond/ice blue. I was quite smitten with the Glacier Blue even though I never thought I'd ever end up with a blue bike, at least on purpose, and the violet/blue with the painted wheels is quite a looker too so I want to go into a similar direction only with a real light, shiny and cold shade of blue, I can see it in my head and I almost drool at the idea. Now the hard question, will I go for powder coating or some sick water transfer print graphics. If anyone can chime in on the price of both options, as well as any other info that a total newbie might not know, please do.

I just obtained my temporary license! I can drive but accompanied by an experienced rider. I am finalizing the paperwork tomorrow, picking up my baby Tuesday, I am so hyped!

I got my bike today and rode it to work, I was pretty gentle with it, I'll take it smooth for quite a while as I am new to street riding (on a newly obtained temp license, I am obligated to be accompanied by an experienced rider all the time) but I really love it so far, the torque is really something and I like to ride at low revs so I am not disappointed with my first ride, here are some pics:

IMG_20170829_143449.jpg

IMG_20170829_143517.jpg

Archived