The MT-07 Forum

Just bought my '17 FZ07!

quicklimegirl

quicklimegirl

I just bought a new 2017 FZ07 last Friday. I haven't been able to fully break it in yet, but working on it.  I held out for the somewhat rare blue color.

FZ07_8_11_17_2.jpg

I'm a longtime Yamaha RD/RZ owner who needed something modern to replace my only other modern bike, an '03 Z1000 Kawasaki with 113,000+ on the clock.  I have a bunch of 2 stroke street bikes, and the FZ has the light weight, nimbleness and quick spinning motor I'm used to. After my first couple of short rides (only have 140 miles on it right now) I was also pleased to find it has a butter-smooth gear shift reminiscent of the RDs.  

I'm looking forward to getting the break-in period DONE so I can rev freely!  

I looked in the accessories link provided in the welcoming message, but there's one thing I'd like to find out that doesn't seem to be covered.  Since the Yamaha & aftermarket body parts (seat cowl, specifically) only come in black or matte black--Ugh, what I'd like to know is if there's paint codes I can consult with a shop. I want a seat cowl to replace the ridiculous, unneeded rear "seat" (stupidest idea ever) with a MATCHING cowl.  I suppose the dealers should have it, but this color might be too new to have one yet.  Anyone on here have the same?

• Premium Member

Congrats! I love that frosty blue. My second favorite colour. There was a factory colours post here somewhere, not sure if it included the 17's. Just give the dealer a shout they should be able to provide  the paint code.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Congrats! I picked up the same color a couple months ago. Be sure to get that radiator covered up quick. I had quite a few bent fins within a couple hundred miles.

quicklimegirl
Congrats! I picked up the same color a couple months ago. Be sure to get that radiator covered up quick. I had quite a few bent fins within a couple hundred miles.

Thanks for the tip, Yamameck. I'll do so ASAP.

Archived