The MT-07 Forum

What is this part called?

bakamoto

• Premium Member

want to know what the part that has replaced the headlight is called?  I've searched a lot but haven't found the answer.  Thanks!
IMG_1176.jpg

• Premium Member

It looks like a black front number plate from a dirt bike

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member
It looks like a black front number plate from a dirt bike
really? ok, i didnt know if it was a custom part or something special

• Premium Member

Not to mention it looks to be a aftrmarket rear sprocket that belongs on a dirt bike...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

judging by the angle of the clutch lever, looks like that bike might be spending a lot of time with it's number plate looking skyward and its rider standing. That big rear sprocket can only help with that.

• Like 2

I know hill climb bikes. That's a typical stunt bike. Big sprocket for wheelies, the crash bar, the high handlebars.

th_KWWWLHVP.jpg <<< Typical hill climb bike.

Beemer

• Premium Member
judging by the angle of the clutch lever, looks like that bike might be spending a lot of time with it's number plate looking skyward and its rider standing. That big rear sprocket can only help with that.

Ya I found it on a video, some guy was stunting the crap out of it but I thought the plate looked sweet if you were to use it for stunt only. Don't understand why tho, it's not like we have tanks to dent. I like riding on the street while popping the occasional wheelie lol

Ya I found it on a video, some guy was stunting the crap out of it but I thought the plate looked sweet if you were to use it for stunt only. Don't understand why tho, it's not like we have tanks to dent. I like riding on the street while popping the occasional wheelie lol
It's just for aesthetics, makes it look sportier is all.  

Beemer

Aww, come on.. Share the video with us!!

Eh I just looked it up, here they are. lol

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukosaaoY1nA]

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv9I4hRWoNo]

• 5 years later...
On 8/16/2017 at 3:04 PM, norcal616 said:

Not to mention it looks to be a aftrmarket rear sprocket that belongs on a dirt bike...

It's a stunt bike. I'm a stunt rider and most guys that stunt ride run big sprockets. If you're Interested my stunt teams page is @baddaystunts on Instagram and YouTube. We have 2 fully stunted fz07s and some Harley's and groms 

On 8/16/2017 at 3:40 PM, firstyammerha said:

must be a hill climb bike-that's a big sprocket!