The MT-07 Forum

Trackday rear sets?

cornerslider

• Premium Member
cornerslider

I'm newer to the forum, but a regular trackday rider... My background: I'm 48 years old, I ran several supermoto bikes from 2008-2013, R6 in 2014-2015 (bad idea- got in over my pay grade), KTM RC390 in 2016- (I'm too old and "wrecked" to ride it effectively on track)..... I picked up a "carry-over" 2016 FZ-07 in April 2017. I upgraded fuel delivery, exhaust, and suspension. I promised myself I wouldn't buy rear sets  until I started "dragging stuff"..... Well, that happened today- I started dragging pegs, and knee pucks today :) ..... I've removed everything I can for more clearance. What rear sets are people running for 50/50 - track/street? Also, I do have a dedicated "street-only" bike. I'm NEVER going to race my FZ-07, and NEVER going to do the "FZ-07R" kit. I just like my naked bike. I run the Renthal "ultra-low" bars, and have serious neck issues from poor choices I made in my 20's... I can't move towards any more of an aggressive riding position than I am currently riding. I would really appreciate any guidance an members here can offer me-

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

I use Woodcraft but many others would also be fine. The woodies are about the least aggressive rearsets I've seen and would be a good compromise for track day/street use. (which is what they were designed for) They reuse a bunch of the stock hardware too, which some people like, others not so much. I've attached a pic showing how they bolt up to the stock cheek plates and offer some adjustability. They also work with racing side plates as well. There are better rearsets for pure racing but these sound like what you are looking for. They are not the cleanest looking setup but they are super durable, easily fixed and you can order just the pieces you need.

post_16779_0_72174100_1446591420_thumb.jpg
here's another pic from the other side but with the race plate underneath

20160410_152325_1_1.jpg

• Premium Member
cornerslider

That's what I figured I'd end up with.... I guess I just wanted to hear from somebody with first hand experience. Thanks moss rider-

• Premium Member

I run Woodcraft as well. Works good for street and track.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

I got my Woodcraft rear sets installed..... I LOVE them, and could not be happier!!! Thanks for those that replied -

• 6 months later...
  • Premium Member

I use the Sato racing rear sets for the street and track, no issues with clearance. My biggest clearance problem is the kickstand, which I NOW remove for aggressive street days, and track time.

'16 FZ07

Archived