The MT-07 Forum

Guy rides his FZ-10 off a cliff and lives!

Cruizin

It wasn't the fault of the motorcycle, but for lack of skill. He could have taken that corner with acres of cornering clearance to spare. Instead, he panicked, looked towards what scared him instead of through the corner and went where he looked. Classic and oh so typical. Good for him that he got out of it more or less in one piece!

Yeah, the guy claimed that his "steering locked up". More like, he panicked, target fixation on the cliff, instead of just looking at the road, and he steered right into the fixation.

Lesson? Target fixation is real. Never stare at the danger, your bike always goes where you are looking. Always stare at where you want to go. LEan hard, your bike can pull miracles if you just lean like hell.

And don't touch brakes in a corner, it stands your bike up straight. Trailbraking is good, but not until you master it.

• Premium Member

that darn blonde in the red dress ?

I have been a victim of target fixation... that tree branch left a permanent reminder on my right eyebrow

edit: he made the news http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/11/us/motorcyclist-crash-flies-cliff-trnd/index.html

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Yeah, one might say you could easily take that corner at 70-80 mph. This guy freaked out, hit the brakes, and got stiff on the bars. I'm glad he's decided to stop riding, he's not made much of an attempt to educate himself on how to do it properly, certainly not enough for the kind of power an FZ-10 produces.

Yeah, one might say you could easily take that corner at 70-80 mph. This guy freaked out, hit the brakes, and got stiff on the bars. I'm glad he's decided to stop riding, he's not made much of an attempt to educate himself on how to do it properly, certainly not enough for the kind of power an FZ-10 produces.

I feel bad for the poor FZ-10. Probably totaled.

I feel bad for the poor FZ-10. Probably totaled.
He's lucky HE wasn't totaled. That bike has to be a mangled heap, it would be interesting to see pictures of the damage.

• 1 month later...

Short Circuit between the seat and handlebars

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Archived