The MT-07 Forum

scala Q1 volume issues

tucker21

hey guys got a scala Q1 installed in my arai corsair x and man you can't hear anything.
even with all vents closed shield down and volume all the way up on the device and my iphone the volume is barely audible even at a standstill.

i moved the speakers so they are no longer behind the padding so they aren't even obstructed at all and still its barely audible.

has anyone else used the scala devices?

i contacted customer support waiting to hear back but just curious to hear feedback from anyone else who has used these devices.

cheers.

2017 FZ-07 ABS

I have a Scala something, and the only way to hear anything is to place the loud speakers directly outside the ear. Miss by a 1/4in and all you hear is silence. I also have the option of replacing the stock speakers with aftermarket earphones, which my son has done. That will give a ton of volume if you don't mind the plugs in your ears and the wire.

so it's basically useless? I really want a wireless option that's attached to helmet not my ears.

are there any better speakers that could plug into the scala and be glued into the helmet?

if I'm gonna get new headphones I might as well just get Bluetooth headphones n connect em to my phone what's the point of the scala at all?

sigh i don't understand how anyone uses the scala and how did I not read anything about this when I researched the unit grrrrr don't understand how anyone uses these devices in their stock form.

edit: what headphones did your son use and did they just plug directly into the scala?

2017 FZ-07 ABS

is there something I'm missing that would make using the scala better than simply getting a pair of Bluetooth headphones which I can pair with my phone?

with the q1 I'm just pairing that too my phone but I don't see what function it's really serving since I'm not going to be using the intercom function I just want to listen to music n the occasional phone call.

2017 FZ-07 ABS

• Premium Member

what brand of helmet are you using? that may be the case of you owning a noisy helmet??

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

He use phones like these, but anything with a 3.5mm jack should work fine
1_be111548_6f47_40d4_9e0d_ccb944defb01.jpg

If you take your time you will find the correct placement of the stock headphones for your Scala, though.

If you take your time you will find the correct placement of the stock headphones for your Scala, though.

you were able to find a placement for the stock speakers that was loud enough to hear while riding?

cuz even while standing still I could barely hear anything.

2017 FZ-07 ABS

Have you adjusted the volume?

Try the loudspeakers outside the helmet, and move them around to see where they need to be in order for you to hear. I use mine for conversation only - phones and music are something I am very happy to avoid when riding - and we can talk up to about 90 mph if there isn't much wind.

Archived