The MT-07 Forum

How many miles on your 07, any mechanical issues?

c0al67

I put 100,000 miles on my 2009 ninja 250 and it ran perfect right till the last mile of it's life before the motor suddenly expired.  Only ever changed the oil, brake pads, tires, chain and sprockets. I hope my 2018 Mt-07 can be just as reliable but at only 1500 miles on it so far it has a long road ahead of it. 

In 2 years I have 38K miles and still going. No issues at all. I've done my Oil changes every 3k, Tires 20k, chain 25k, changed my spark plugs 25k, and that's it. I commute only on the bike. There was a canyon I could take to or from work I'd say its a 1/4 of my miles. I now am commuting to LA from Corona daily... yay 91 freeway... anyways the Fz-07 Runs like a dream!

On 12/16/2018 at 11:00 AM, sorkyah said:

We need @jeffkisthename and @zombiphone to weigh in here... I believe they have racked up the most miles of any of the forum miscreants

I've got a pretty decent number! I'm at 67,000-ish miles right now with a couple small crashes, and all it's really needed was the occasional (And not frequent enough) oil changes, a few chains, a few sprockets, and a single fork seal (Turns out, the stock suspension could only take so many rough roads). Other than that, the thing refuses to die despite all my best efforts.

I'm a fan

Published 'Chronicles of a Motorcycle Gypsy' a book about my travels on the FZ, and a writer for Motorcyclist Magazine

At about 7000 miles my abs light would occasionally come on.

I examined the the front wheel sensor and thought I might as remove and clear it. On close inspection I noticed a slight ding on one side and the mounting tap was ever so slightly bent (and I mean just a few thousands). I thought what the heck might as well see if I could straighten it out in the bench vise. All I did was tighten it in the vise, no external pressure applied. Took it out and eye ball inspection said well that looks better. Installed it and never had a problem since.

I can only assume that a small rock chip must have hit just right to have jammed itself in the tiny gap and bent the attachment arm slightly. I can't say any fault to Yamaha. Oh, almost forgot, also had a flat tire, nail puncture. I guess i can't blame the FZ-07 for that one either but it was not my fault. Who can I blame for it?

33,934 and I have a few mechanical issues. My joints get stiff and ache once in awhile and I don't function properly if I don't get enough fiber. 🤨

😋

Beemer

Archived