The MT-07 Forum

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT !!

Cruizin

We will soon be switching to another forum software. I will announce the date soon. When we make the switch, we may lose some pics.
Passwords are going to be lost, and when we log back in to the new forum for the first time, WE WILL ALL HAVE TO CREATE NEW PASSWORDS.

Be sure to go thru your pm's and save any important phone numbers or info.

Why are we switching forum software? Many reasons.

1. Responsive viewing on mobile devices. No more Tapatalk, no more "mobile mode". Visit the new forum on your phone and it will look and work just like on your pc. This is years past due. And yes, I am dumping Tapatalk when we make the change. It is not needed after this change. Your phones browser can save your login and password.

2. Tons of new features. All kinds of new features. You are gonna love it. You will even be able to change the colors of the forum live while browsing the website to match your preference!

3. Premium member program is coming back! And man, you premium members will crap when you see what you are getting! One leak, premium members can get their own Blogs on the forum! And yes, existing premium members will still be premium on the new forum. I gave you my word back when you bought in, and my word is my bond!

4. A kick ass forum gallery for pics and videos.

5. Groups! A separate section just for regional groups! With google maps integration!!

6. Articles. I will be recruiting some of you that have a flair with words to write occasional articles, product reviews.

And much more ! Some of the features might not be available until after a month or two.

If you lose any pics, I apologize in advance. I think that most pics will be ok, but in these conversions you never know what you will lose.

Post questions below. I will post updates as they become available.

The new forum will be like it's own social media site. You will be able to "friend" other members. And post on your own profile and follow other people's profile posts.

Think of it like a Facebook for motorcycles, but on steroids. And without the typical fake news, political rants and stupid kid crap.

• Global Moderator

A social network without fake news? I did not realize that was even possible ;)

A social network without fake news? I did not realize that was even possible ;)

Well, it is when WE moderate it !

Even though,
i may open up some private political groups on the new website for those who like that kind of stuff.

• Premium Member

Right on, sounds promising. Thanks for keeping this site rolling.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Everyone please double check your email address that is associated with your forum account!! Do this by clicking on profile/edit profile.

Your forum account is associated with whatever email address that you joined with. You will need that email address on the new forum to reset password, or you could lose your account and have to start over!

If your email has changed, please update it in your forum account asap! Like, within the next few days!!

While you are changing things, would you consider an option to show location - even if only country? I often feel that I should prefix a post with "UK Rider" so that it makes more sense.

Just do it! 

The New stuff is da bomb its like a hot date and ya hit a home run the first time at bat ;)

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

UPDATE:

In the forum conversion, we are having a hard time converting both passwords and PM's (personal messages) from this software to the new software.

We are currently basically using Proboards forum software. We are switching to IPS forum software because IPS has alot more features built in.

PRoboards stores their passwords in a format that I don tthink that they even understand, or are purposely just not sharing with us because we are leaving them.

So, at this point I am 85% convinced that we will all have to create new passwords on the new forum software the first time that we login.

We are also having issues with PM's (personal messages). They are not converting right as of yet, but we are still working on that.

So, be sure to go thru your personal messages to ensure that you get any important info that you dont want to lose. Because we might be losing all of our PM's in the data transfer. Ill try hard to correct this but so far, no luck!

We will be losing our "likes" for sure. Sorry, but thats just the way that the ball is gonna bounce. But, the new forum has a cool new system of rating or responding to posts.

And sadly, we will probably be losing our avatar pics in our little profiles in our posts. Unless, posted a link to your avatar pic.

Lastly, premium members who uploaded pics directly to the forum via the "add attachment" button, we will be losing those pics probably. 70% sure. Sorry.

We will be keeping our post counts.

You will be able to add your location to your profile.

And a ton of new cool features will make all of the above bearable. In the long run, the FZ-07 forum will be much better off on the new forum software. Tons better!

Wow, thanks for this topic. For some odd reason, the domain name of my registered email address was the wrong domain! Haha. If I didn't see this topic this account would've been lost.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

• 2 weeks later...

reminder, check your profile on this forum by clicking "profile" and then make sure you still have access to the email that you joined this forum with! If you need to change it, click "edit profile" go to "persoanal, follow instructions to change your email address, and be SURE TO CLICK SAVE SETTINGS AT THE VERY BOTTOM!!

• 2 weeks later...

Reminder, click profile button up top, to make sure that we have your current email address!

First time that you try to login to the new forum next week, we will all have to reset our passwords on the new forum. The reset password link will be sent to whatever email you have on file here on the forum!

To change email on this forum, clcik prifle, then edit prifile, then click personal. Follow the instructions to change your email, then scroll all the way to bottom and click "save personal settings" !!!!

If we do not have your current email on this forum, you will lose your forum account on the new forum. No exceptions!

This forum conversion is getting really expensive. If you value the info you get here, you can donate here paypal.me/forumdonations .

Its been alot of work, we are almost done. You guys are gonna LOVE the new website!!

Archived