jamesnorwood860

Handlebars

jamesnorwood860
What are the best handlebars for an fz07... bent the hell out of mine need to replace asap so i can ride!!

caliesv
Depends on what look, style, position you're aiming for. I'm running renthal bars

r1limited
Flat track bars Rise, pull back width all have to do with ergo for you. Dont by into fads and put bars on because thel look cool. Get a set that makes you fite the bike.
  • Like 2

Slug
I have the Renthal Street Ultra Low bars on my bike. I didn't like how narrow the stock bars were and I also wanted something a little more aggressive feeling, and the Ultra Lows fixed both those things. The seating position is still very comfortable and upright, but now it just has a little more of an aggressive feel to it, and the wider bars give the feeling of having more leverage over the bike while cornering. They also look pretty good when combined with bar end mirrors.
  • Like 1

Beemer
[div]The best how, for what type riding? You want upright hooligan bars or laid down & racy?[/div]

Beemer
I have the Renthal Street Ultra Low bars on my bike. I didn't like how narrow the stock bars were and I also wanted something a little more aggressive feeling, and the Ultra Lows fixed both those things. The seating position is still very comfortable and upright, but now it just has a little more of an aggressive feel to it, and the wider bars give the feeling of having more leverage over the bike while cornering. They also look pretty good when combined with bar end mirrors.
I like the sound of those, (what I've been looking for???) The stock bars crimp my neck and traps because I feel they're too narrow and too forward. Do you think they would help with the achy neck after rides? Could you possibly put up some pics and a link to those, I'm positive there are others that would be verrrry interested in those as well. I take it everything went back on the Renthal's with no problems??? Thanks for any help! 

Slug
Could you possibly put up some pics and a link to those, I'm positive there are others that would be verrrry interested in those as well. I take it everything went back on the Renthal's with no problems??? Thanks for any help!
Bars_1.jpg

Bars_2.jpg

Bars_3.jpg

Bars_4.jpg

Everything fit fine on the Renthals. The only modifications I needed to do was to shave down the little nubs inside the turn signal mount and starter switch mount. For that I just used a dremel and the nubs came off easy since they are plastic. Even without the nubs, the mounts haven't moved since I've swapped bars a couple months ago. And the clutch took some effort to slide back on to the bar since the left side of the Rentahls is knurled, but I just twisted the clutch over the knurling a bunch and it ground off the metal that was causing it to bind. If you have the slightest bit of mechanical aptitude, you should be able to swap the bars without any issues.

In my opinion, these bars make the bike feel sportier and less "sport touring." I don't know if it'll help your neck because the change in how far you are leaned forward isn't drastic (like drag bars would be). If you like the positioning of the stock bars want more width and a little more aggressive feeling, I'd suggest these bars. If you want a big change or to make this bike feel completely different than it is stock, probably go with something else.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

Mr.Puss
Could you possibly put up some pics and a link to those, I'm positive there are others that would be verrrry interested in those as well. I take it everything went back on the Renthal's with no problems??? Thanks for any help!
Bars_1.jpg 
Bars_2.jpg

Bars_4.jpg

Everything fit fine on the Renthals. The only modifications I needed to do was to shave down the little nubs inside the turn signal mount and starter switch mount. For that I just used a dremel and the nubs came off easy since they are plastic. Even without the nubs, the mounts haven't moved since I've swapped bars a couple months ago. And the clutch took some effort to slide back on to the bar since the left side of the Rentahls is knurled, but I just twisted the clutch over the knurling a bunch and it ground off the metal that was causing it to bind. If you have the slightest bit of mechanical aptitude, you should be able to swap the bars without any issues.

In my opinion, these bars make the bike feel sportier and less "sport touring." I don't know if it'll help your neck because the change in how far you are leaned forward isn't drastic (like drag bars would be). If you like the positioning of the stock bars want more width and a little more aggressive feeling, I'd suggest these bars. If you want a big change or to make this bike feel completely different than it is stock, probably go with something else.

Hope this helps.

Slug Im proud of you. Dont you ever let anyone tell you to remove that tank sticker if you dont want to.  
  • Like 7

CarGuy7a
I like the sound of those, (what I've been looking for???) The stock bars crimp my neck and traps because I feel they're too narrow and too forward. Do you think they would help with the achy neck after rides? Could you possibly put up some pics and a link to those, I'm positive there are others that would be verrrry interested in those as well. I take it everything went back on the Renthal's with no problems??? Thanks for any help!
Sounds like you may want bars that are higher not lower. I did alot of measuring before I bought my bars. The Renthal Road lows are very close to stock height, ultra lows are even lower. I run the Road Mediums which are a little bit taller than stock so I sit up a little straighter. I have a herniated disk in my lower back and those stock bars were just low enough to aggravate it. After the mediums I feel like I can ride it all day now. Only modification I made was I had to cut the ends of the bars down some for the controls to have enough slack. I think it was only like 1/2 inch off each side but don't quote me on that it may have been less I can't remember. They still are slightly wider than stock. 
  • Like 1

Beemer
I was looking at it wrong. I want bars that are closer to me so if higher bars or risers do the trick then that's what I want. I may just go with risers. As much as wider ones would be nicer I'm pretty used to the width of the stock ones. (less hassle installing them also) Thanks for the info, everyone! Almost forgot, our stock handlebars are 7/8, correct?

markstertt
correct 7/8" but if those spacers come out and allow 1 1/8" that would be a plus.

CarGuy7a
I was looking at it wrong. I want bars that are closer to me so if higher bars or risers do the trick then that's what I want. I may just go with risers. As much as wider ones would be nicer I'm pretty used to the width of the stock ones. (less hassle installing them also) Thanks for the info, everyone! Almost forgot, our stock handlebars are 7/8, correct?
Well keep in mind I cut some off my renthals for the control lengths so the bars really are not significantly wider. Maybe 1/4 inch at most total width wider. I hated the pull back of the stock bars also, the Renthals to me are a little straighter in the grip area feels like it's right between a dirbike bar and stock ones. 
  • Like 1

gregjet
Beemer, A set of stock bars off a GS500 may be what you are looking for. The have more pullback and are a bit higher. Renthal used to make a trials alloy bar that is higher and more swept as well, but I am not sure if it is still available.

pma

Renthal Street Low bars with Rhino Moto bar ends for the CRG Lanesplitter mirrors. I'm much happier with this over the stock setup. 

IMG_1051.JPG