The MT-07 Forum

Sammy Halberts dirt tracker?

markstertt

I see Sammy got second place at the Calistoga half mile last Saturday, behind (not close) Jared Meese's Indian FTR750. The one picture I found of Sammy's bike did not look like it's using the same frame as the DT-07 concept bike, does anyone know what frame he's using and maybe even what engine mods were needed to put him on the box between two Indians? Pretty cool! One more question...is it possible to get a pit pass at a National flat track race? Thanks....Mark 

It is a Southland frame from southland fabrication in Calif. I am waiting on them to provide a full rolling chassis

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

It is a Southland frame from southland fabrication in Calif. I am waiting on them to provide a full rolling chassis
You and me both! I have a Triumph 750 in a C&J and one in a Sonicweld...love the looks of real dirt trackers and the -07 engine would be great in a lt. wt. chassis. Thanks r1, I'll look up Southland...Mark 

@markster

They have one rolling chassis left

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• 4 weeks later...
@markster  
They have one rolling chassis left
I'm probably more inclined to make my own but wanted to see what designs were out there. I'm thinking a little more 17" wheeled  super motard vs. 19" wheeled street tracker mostly for wt. savings and tire availability and the fact that I have extra set of 17" wheels sitting here gathering dust. 

Archived