The MT-07 Forum

Driving Yamaha R6 while MT-07 is at maintenance

Mproject

Hi all...
While my bike was at my mechanic for the oil/filter change and some crash cage modifications my friend came to my home and just told me: "Get your gear on! We are going for a ride..."

He gave me his Yamaha R6 (champion bike in 600 class drag-race) while he drove Suzuki DR-Z400.

Just a peacefull drive to make my day :D

P.S. Such gestures show true friendship

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miLGBg3nkB8]

• 3 weeks later...

You ride a bike
You drive a car

That is all

• Like 2

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• 2 weeks later...
well.. how'd you compare the two? 
Likes, dislikes? Wows?
Well.... his R6 is fast! Really fast! These two bikes are not comparable, but there are, of course, differences. From a better suspension, a more comfortable seat etc. It's a fact that the R6 goes to 300 km/h, but this is not the primary thing for me ... MT-07 is certainly more fun. :D

• Like 1

He just tried to explain the subtle differences in the English language when it comes to operating vehicles; they say you RIDE a motorcycle (like you ride a horse), but you DRIVE a car. In most languages that I know, the same word is used for just about anything that moves. In Norway, we drive bikes, mopeds, motorcycles, boats, cars, lorries, elevators, but our word for "drive" doesn't mean exactly the same thing when you drive a car as when you drive an elevator; for the latter it means "move with". One exception to the "drive" rule are things in the air, that are "piloted", which can also be used for controlling any other moving object if feel so inclined. Confused? So am I :D

You Pilot a plane unless of course you are a ranch hand then you take horse poop and pileit over there
You drag some bikes or race bikes, you race carss or your a race car driver. Sometimes you pilot a boat or you row a boat Dang Amurkan Engrish

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Premium Member

is it Soda Pop or Pop?

• Like 2

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Lettuce ponder this by contemplating the ponder

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
Bigturbomax
On 8/29/2017 at 9:11 AM, norcal616 said:

is it Soda Pop or Pop?

In Texas, its all just "coke" or "Soda". Even sprite. Sometimes Dr  pepper is Dr pepper. But coke is the general term. 

Language is funny/fascinating to me

Ah, faffi the interpreter returns. What would we do without you? Àlways to the rescue. Thank you. 

Just do it!