The MT-07 Forum

Breakfast run Trancentral Highway Cebu Philippines

rhb

I traveled the Trans Central Highway In Cebu to 35 West Mountain Resort for breakfast today. via a back road in Talamban. It was a beautiful day for a ride no humidity high clouds and no traffic. This was the first time I had been on the TCH since I put in the cogent DDC emulators and my Woodcraft clip-on handlebars. As I mentioned before on my other short ride with the emulators and the Woodcraft clip-ons working together, it makes the bike entirely different and much more aggressive in the corners. But the TCH is the perfect place to test cornering ability both sharp low-speed and high-speed corners. Now that I am accustomed to the Woodcraft clip-ons the handling is unbelievably improved. It's a natural riding position and it puts you in perfect control of the bike. If it were not for the cogent DDC emulators it would be an elbow and shoulder shocker, but working together the bike is smooth, predictable, and easy to handle. I had my first slide today on what I guess was some loose gravel although it wasn't particularly visible in the road. However, the Metzeler Tires handled it with aplomb, grabbing traction again in a matter of seconds. If anyone is considering Woodcraft clip-ons I highly recommend it. I'm riding with them in the inch and a half riser in the up position which I find particularly comfortable. They can be flipped upside down for inch and a half down which would be about a four and a half inch lower than stock position little bit too aggressive for street riding, but it might be good for track. I'm just so happy with the bike and the way it's running and handling now, I can't wait to get my rear shock to put it all together.

Aerial photo of the TCH grabbed off the internet
aerial_TCH.jpg
On the Way
on_the_way.jpg
transcentralhighway.jpg

35 West Resort
35_West_Resort.jpg

veiw_north_at_35_West.jpg
smoked fish, eggs and rice with coffee, 2 bucks
FB_IMG_1501128292417.jpg

IMG_20170727_094650.jpg

IMG_20170727_094926.jpg

back_home.jpg

gif hosting

OMG, all that green vegetation is georgous, it looks like the back country in Korea when I took a train with my Hap Ki Do instructor, Mr. Lee,  from Dongducheon to Inchon for lunch one day. Can't forget it, there were still bullet holes in some buildings from the war, plus the spicy seafood soup was awesome. Smoked fish, YUM! Now I am getting a smoker! That must've been a real treat for you, that trip.

Just curious, did any really old Japanese men block the road and tell you to surrender?  ;)  

Nice pics, keep'em coming!

Beemer

OMG, all that green vegetation is georgous, it looks like the back country in Korea when I took a train with my Hap Ki Do instructor, Mr. Lee,  from Dongducheon to Inchon for lunch one day. Can't forget it, there were still bullet holes in some buildings from the war, plus the spicy seafood soup was awesome. Smoked fish, YUM! Now I am getting a smoker! That must've been a real treat for you, that trip.  
Just curious, did any really old Japanese men block the road and tell you to surrender?  ;)  

no Japanese roaming around since 1974. but there are lots of stories in the hills about those times when they still were. Like the grandmother of my ex girl friend hacking 2 Japanese soldiers to death with a machete when they wandered in looking for food after the surrender. The ride is a regular route for bikers here, I've plied it many times, it is beautiful if you can go slow enough to notice. :)

no Japanese roaming around since 1974. but there are lots of stories in the hills about those times when they still were. Like the grandmother of my ex girl friend hacking 2 Japanese soldiers to death with a machete when they wandered in looking for food after the surrender. The ride is a regular route for bikers here, I've plied it many times, it is beautiful if you can go slow enough to notice. :)

WOW! Now that's a war story! If it were me I would probably ride that road with a little speed on the way and poke along on the way back to just take in the scenery. What an awesome place for breakfast, the food and the view! I hate you ....  B-|   :D 

Beemer

• Premium Member

I'm jealous. Plain Jealous.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

WOW! Now that's a war story! If it were me I would probably ride that road with a little speed on the way and poke along on the way back to just take in the scenery. What an awesome place for breakfast, the food and the view! I hate you ....  B-|   :D
6 years ago I only owned a Yamaha 125 YBR, no larger bikes were available locally, traveling on that bike made a nice scenic trip, going slow and stopping along the way to take photos. 

Archived