The MT-07 Forum

Akrapovic Titanium-Carbon

zadori

Hey guys, I am currently shopping the Akrapovic exhausts. And I found one that I have not seen on any videos or forums. It's this one

Is it a new model or something?

kriptikracing

I don't know if you saw the vids on YouTube, but if you are wanting to take out the baffle on that model you will need to drill it. There's a very small weld that you need to drill through to break free the baffle. It's marked and fairly easy to do, but the thought of drilling a $1000+ exhaust is a bit much. Of course if you plan on leaving the baffle then it doesn't matter.

From the Akrapovic website, there are a few upgrades to this model.

And @Kriptikracing are you referring to the original Titanium one or this newer model? Because I heard that on the original Titanium it was something you had to "break" the baffle.

kriptikracing
And @kriptikracing are you referring to the original Titanium one or this newer model? Because I heard that on the original Titanium it was something you had to "break" the baffle.
Referring to this newer model with the carbon fiber cap.  You remove the carbon fiber cap then there will be a small marking where u drill to break the weld.  Checkout these vids below.  The original titanium model is a pain too but no drilling required.  Most people get that out by using a dowel and a rubber mallet.

And @kriptikracing are you referring to the original Titanium one or this newer model? Because I heard that on the original Titanium it was something you had to "break" the baffle.
Referring to this newer model with the carbon fiber cap.  You remove the carbon fiber cap then there will be a small marking where u drill to break the weld.  Checkout these vids below.  The original titanium model is a pain too but no drilling required.  Most people get that out by using a dowel and a rubber mallet. 

Thanks for the info! But here in Quebec the laws for exhaust are pretty strict. So I don't think I will remove the baffle, or I might do like the guy in the video, with the bolt so he can put it back on anytime.

Archived