The MT-07 Forum

Cheap Chinese bar end mirrors

Bought these for 15 bucks locally to compliment my Woodcraft clipons.  Cosmetically not perfect, but they seem to work well.
They had two types the standard round type, and newer style triangular shape. I got the triangular-shaped ones because they're just slightly larger and I thought they would be a little more functional. They were really easy to put on. There's three ways to install them, you can put them inside the handlebar tube, and there's two different sleeves for two different size handlebars 7/8 and also a smaller-diameter which I'm not sure what size. The alternative way to put them on is to take off the internal mount and just clamp them to the outside of the bar which is what I decided to do. These are what I would call an average Chinese quality. They are functional and they're pretty well made, they're not loose, easy to install, a few minor flaws but for 15 bucks real bargain. It looks like they stick out quite far but they actually only stick out about an inch farther than the stock mirrors. They do not magnify, so what you see is what you get, which is the way I like it. There is zero vibration when accelerating or running fast. Much to my surprise. Most likely because they have a nylon adapter for mounting.

IMG_20170724_145834.jpg

IMG_20170724_145845.jpg

IMG_20170724_145853.jpg

IMG_20170724_145915.jpg

i want to upload my photo on facebook

I do like mine convex, though, but for 15 clams I wouldn't complain too much. Nice find.  ;)

Beemer

I do like mine convex, though, but for 15 clams I wouldn't complain too much. Nice find.  ;)
I'm going to smack them, I know it, or some guy will knock em in a parking lot, better to have cheap ones for this reason, at least where I live. I can rotate then around for a more narrow mount, but have not tried it yet. 

• Premium Member

Too bad @rhb didn't include a link to these mirrors. *hint hint* :D

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Too bad @rhb didn't include a link to these mirrors. *hint hint* :D
As I mentioned I bought them from a local shop, no link sorry. but  I think similar are on Ebay just search bar end mirrors.   

Ditto on larger mirrors convex is better, but I find on smaller mirrors its hard to judge distances and keep things centered. 

Ditto on larger mirrors convex is better, but I find on smaller mirrors its hard to judge distances and keep things centered.
The convex have their cons for sure but for me the pros outweigh the cons. I no longer have a blind spot and that's the #1 reason I bought mine. Not only can I see people directly beside me but I can see them coming up beside me in other lanes and that is priceless. I personally am used to everything looking further away from using the stick on, convex mirrors on my cars side view mirrors for years so that particular con doesn't bother me, except when a cop goes by and disappears so fast I can't tell if he's turned around to come after me, that makes me a little nervous.  :P   Again, nice find. If I were to go back to standard mirrors I might get those. 

Beemer

• 3 weeks later...

Hey got another set of Bar end mirrors this time round convex and retractable for lane splitting cheap Chinese knock off of the branded ones, but these are pretty good quality. they vibrate just a tiny bit, but acceptable. I have to admit convex on these round ones is the way to go, less adjustment, and I can see the tail of my bike from both mirrors.
I would rate them a step above the first ones I got in most aspects except the small vibration at certain rpms.
Ebay 12 dollars and free shipping.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-3-Round-7-8-1-Handle-Bar-End-Rearview-Fold-Mirrors-For-Suzuki/262573043618?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

IMG_20170810_113222.jpg

IMG_20170810_113259.jpg

IMG_20170810_113324.jpg

IMG_20170810_113334.jpg

Archived