The MT-07 Forum

New exhaust

ricerbird

Decided to bite the bullet and try a cheap exhaust system from china. I wanted a new exhaust because the stock one just wasn't doing it for me, even with the holes drilled in it. But I also didn't want to spend 4-800 on a setup either and really liked the idea of the m4 with the shorty muffler and lower price tag. But I didn't like the idea of the bronze colored headers and the. The bright stainless m4 pipe. But the. I found exhaust systems on aliexpress that were dirt cheap and full systems. So I spent 99.00 on this setup and 59.00 for shipping for full laser welded stainless headers and a carbon fiber muffler with removable insert. I gotta say it looks great. It's small and fits under there well, feels sturdy and I now have the ability to buy any slip on muffler I want and just slide it on there if I want to change my setup. Long story short if anyone is looking for a super cheap setup this is the way to go instead of the m4. Now I just have to wait until tomorrow when my ecu gets back from 2 wheel dynoworks to hear this thing run lol8e84e0ca06df8831885507beece01209.jpg0eb0293db45f001e5c2e7db41d21506d.jpg1037dd4ed91db9bcec80c1e3fa9efaa1.jpg3d16f91e8b16ea4dff0dce82a42a64bb.jpgeb119431459de8e7cb91ff8a87381e52.jpgb230518b9fe551fbe4473dd892928369.jpg58a4bb797c227ff074621c09edb592a7.jpg

USMCFieldMP

That small of a muffler is going to blow your ear drums out. Not that I'm complaining, just giving you a warning, lol.

Looks good. You'll love the way these bikes sounds with a pipe on them.

I knew the m4 was loud lol I figured this was too. But all of my bikes have been loud and my Harley was straight piped. I

USMCFieldMP

I like loud too. I once ran nothing but an 18" long straight pipe off the turbo on a 400+ whp car. Exited straight downward behind the engine. Ear splitting, but smile inducing.

I like the idea that you can get it that cheap, that it's stainless, that it's louder than stock and that you can simply slip another slip-on onto the pipe later but I wouldn't like how loud it (I assume) will constantly be. Maybe some extra packing, if possible, would help with that??? Over all, I think it's a good deal. I'm questioning the loss of torque since there is no snail pipe. Will 2 Wheel Dynoworks rectify that with their tune?

Beemer

• Premium Member

Welds look great. I assume laser welding is TIG welding without adding filler rod. Also called fusion welding.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

The tune I asked for was the one for the m4 pipe as they are similar. And I have a silencer I can bolt in to the muffler and it's at least 50% more quiet so if I wanted to go on a road trip or something I can knock the volume down easily and when I get there take it back out. I'm going to ride of the century here soon and it's about a 2 hour ride there and I will definitely have the silencer in for that trip lol.

• Premium Member

It's so cuuuuute!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

It's so cuuuuute!

Sounds absolutely demonic. It puts a smile on my face every time I hit that throttle, and I just giggle like a little kid lol

Looks good! Is this the one you got? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/motorcycle-exhaust-connector-contact-pipe-for-KAWASAKI-ER6N-ER6F-Ninja650R-2012-2016-without-exhaust/32739288948.html?spm=2114.search0104.3.132.39g5Xr&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0

It doesn't say that a db killer comes with it, but you mentioned that it does.  Does the db killer quiet it down a lot?  As much as I like a loud bike, I don't want it that loud day in and day out.  Thanks!

As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Looks good! Is this the one you got? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/motorcycle-exhaust-connector-contact-pipe-for-KAWASAKI-ER6N-ER6F-Ninja650R-2012-2016-without-exhaust/32739288948.html?spm=2114.search0104.3.132.39g5Xr&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0 
It doesn't say that a db killer comes with it, but you mentioned that it does.  Does the db killer quiet it down a lot?  As much as I like a loud bike, I don't want it that loud day in and day out.  Thanks!

Yes that's the exact one I bought. And it does come with the silencer and it does quiet it down quite a bit. I haven't ridden it with it in but I put it in and gave it a few Revs one day and it sounded more like my stock muffler with the holes drilled in it. The company ships it pretty quick and it's packaged well. Takes about a week and a half maybe 2 weeks to get it

Very cool! I have a stock exhaust that I drilled. I think it sounds good and not too loud, but a little louder would be fine with me. Thanks for the response.

As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

• Premium Member

That's a good deal. It's basically a facsimile of the @marthy slip on kit. Which for the record, adds a nice hump in hp and a little torque right in the middle of the powerband. The sweet spot in my opinion.

If you get a new muffler I'd go with Delkevic. Good quality, sound and there's a ton of different lengths.

Everything went braap.

Check out TYGA in Thailand for mufflers. Their carbon fibre ones are pretty good and not insanely loud. VERY well made.
Just a note: I would be VERY surprised if you get any real HP increase and probably get a torque decrease with a pipe that short on this bike. Don't be fooled by the apparent length of the stock pipe. It's effective resonance length is loonger than it looks.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member
On 8/9/2017 at 3:49 PM, gregjet said:

Check out TYGA in Thailand for mufflers. Their carbon fibre ones are pretty good and not insanely loud. VERY well made.
Just a note: I would be VERY surprised if you get any real HP increase and probably get a torque decrease with a pipe that short on this bike. Don't be fooled by the apparent length of the stock pipe. It's effective resonance length is loonger than it looks.

Yes, Tyga is awesome!  Wish they made a full exhaust for the FZ-07.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

Me too...

Perhaps not with a motomaggot though...LOL

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

That is actually pretty dang reasonable

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

So what's the verdict on the pipe, ricerbird? It's been awhile. How was it on the trip? Did you do a comparison like you said you would do? Motorcycle minds want to know.

Beemer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

I like it. I'd like to throw one of those cans on my Akra header...

SigSide.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived