The MT-07 Forum

Ducati - NO MORE V-TWINS

r1limited

I am sure this will be culture shock for the Ducati aficionado as the V-Twin is now history for the V4.  I doubt forever as Ducati will more than likely offer V forever, just my opinion, but I am also sure there are a lot of pissed off Duc lovers right now

https://auto.ndtv.com/news/ducati-introduces-1299-panigale-r-final-edition-1722847

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

I expect their product line will still mainly consist of twins for many years to come, the V4 is just to make them more competitive in the Superbike class. And it's also likely cheaper to extract well over 200 hp from a 1000cc four than a 1300cc twin.

For me, the two things currently associated with Ducati - Desmo and belt drive cams - are the very two main reasons I will never consider one.

According to two other articles the V-2 is no longer being offered this will be the last run for V2. I agree though, I believe Ducati is a very smart company and with the advent of being sold off, it could be simply a plow to show they are "WINK WINK" re-inventing themselves and making them look worthy to buy. Since HD was looking to buy it would make sense to corner a V-2 market by telling DUC to stop V2 and do something else. Now HD V twins are iconic but even the new 750- is an over rated over wieght PIG

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

ahh the clatter of a dry clutch and the gear whine of a VFR. I can dream...

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

I think they're talking about the WSBK bikes and the homologation production bikes that those WSBK bikes are based on.
I believe they'll still have V-Twin models like the Monster, Hypermotard, Multistrada, etc.

Highly doubt Ducati is quitting V-twins altogether.

Ptwins?
Technically, they can offset the crankcase and pistons the way they like. They don't need to create a physical V-shaped engine, to get a V-style sound.

I think they're talking about the WSBK bikes and the homologation production bikes that those WSBK bikes are based on. I believe they'll still have V-Twin models like the Monster, Hypermotard, Multistrada, etc.

Highly doubt Ducati is quitting V-twins altogether.
Correct, As stated, It is the Sport Bike, so no more V-Twin 180 HP Torque Machines.  Sad, with the scrambler series I think we are going to see some more commuter driven twins under 750 cc again for awhile.  There is a trending populas of new riders that are more urban carvers then canyon carvers coming.  Its a Swing this way, but wait, the new V4 which we know now as the Desmosedici RR will be laughable in a few years once the V4s are the new 916s.  The Desmosedici RR ws the 851 :) 

• 1 month later...
firstyammerha

I stopped by the local Ducati/BMW dealer this afternoon to check out the Monster 797 of which there were two. Both had dealer stickers around $11000. Document fee was $250 and the numerous other fees were in that range. I wonder if the Triumph dealers do the same with Street Triple? Oh, the S1000R was $18000.

Is this to say that Mr. Vmax can rest for awhile now and let some other V4 kick Kawi's arse for the next 30 something years?

Beemer

Archived