The MT-07 Forum

NewbieGirl

ninadee830

Hi :) my name is Nina. Just got back to riding again after 5 years in hiatus lol.  Started out with a 250R a few years ago and now I just got a new 2016 FZ-07.

Looking forward to reading some helpful things here! :) Thanks! 

IMG_9591.jpg

• Premium Member

Welcome!

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome Nina, your hiatus is about as long as I have been riding! Among the first things people do to their bikes around here is remove that pesky warning sticker. We have an amusing thread about it right here.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi :) my name is Nina. Just got back to riding again after 5 years in hiatus lol.  Started out with a 250R a few years ago and now I just got a new 2016 FZ-07.  
Looking forward to reading some helpful things here! :) Thanks! 

IMG_9591.jpg

Welcome to the forum, thanks for joining us ! We have a great tech tips section full of helpful advice. We have a new riders section that is also very good. And lastly, we have a problems and answers board for tech questions. And unlike facebook, our advice is usually pretty good.

And wait, theres more! lol We have a great member galleries section that is free and a great place for you to keep pics of your beloved FZ07!

Welcome to the crazy clan!

• Premium Member

Welcome!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Global Moderator

Nina was actually one of the names we choose when my wife and I were expecting a baby (long ago).
But it turned out to be a boy so we never used the name. It still feels like I know you haha.

Yoshi!!
I love Yoshis! the produce great products! but I'm actually leaning towards Akrapovic this time around :D I just havent decided whether to go full exhaust or just a slip on for convenience.  Any suggestions? I'd love to hear them :D 

Yoshi!!
I love Yoshis! the produce great products! but I'm actually leaning towards Akrapovic this time around :D I just havent decided whether to go full exhaust or just a slip on for convenience.  Any suggestions? I'd love to hear them :D
I just realized you were talking about my keychain LMAO. oh wells... LOL but still. Legit question though. Full Exhaust or slip on... x_x  

Welcome Nina, your hiatus is about as long as I have been riding! Among the first things people do to their bikes around here is remove that pesky warning sticker. We have an amusing thread about it right here.
Thank you! I appreciate that, that sticker is definitely in my to-do list.  

USMCFieldMP

Willkommen!

Our stock exhaust is all one piece, so in order to do a slip-on, you have to cut the stock exhaust into pieces. So I strongly recommend a full system. Most of your major brands will only offer full systems for this reason too.

And I'm a big fan of my Akrapovic Carbon system, no dB killer is the only way to roll. :P

8wb1A4N.jpg

Willkommen! 
Our stock exhaust is all one piece, so in order to do a slip-on, you have to cut the stock exhaust into pieces. So I strongly recommend a full system. Most of your major brands will only offer full systems for this reason too.

And I'm a big fan of my Akrapovic Carbon system, no dB killer is the only way to roll. :P

8wb1A4N.jpg

Sweet! thanks for the input.  Should I upgrade to the aftermarket full exhaust, wont I have to also need to change the ECU? or get it reflashed to compensate for the difference in performance?

There is no convenience slip-on for this bike because the stock exhaust is one piece (same goes for the FZ09). The slip-ons, although cheaper than a full exhaust, requires you to cut your own stock exhaust can off, so it requires more labor than a full exhaust installation. Just fyi. So, although you save money, it is more inconvenient to buy a slip-on for our bikes.

USMCFieldMP
Sweet! thanks for the input.  Should I upgrade to the aftermarket full exhaust, wont I have to also need to change the ECU? or get it reflashed to compensate for the difference in performance?

You don't need to, but it will certainly help to maximize your performance gain. I've been riding mine for over two years without a tune. It's not essential on a modern fuel injected vehicle. If it was carbed, it'd be a different story.

I just realized you were talking about my keychain LMAO. oh wells... LOL but still. Legit question though. Full Exhaust or slip on... x_x
(rofl) (rofl) (rofl)  Too funny! I thought you were just being sarcastic when I read the first post. lol Personally, I have an IXIL exhaust. Full system, as many others said, it's less work. I think all the aftermarket exhausts sound good for the FZ-07, so it's just whichever one you like best. 

Yoshi!!
First of all, welcome and congrats! I knew a Nina In Austin, she was a cool drummer chick. That you Nina? Ha! About the exhaust, I bought the full system Akra carbon fiber pipe and every time I look at the stock pipe on the shelf I feel comforted knowing I have a full backup pipe in case my Akra gets rekt for any reason. As far as a fuel controller goes many manufacturers will tell you that you don't need one but they also don't tell you you will likely get a lot of popping on decel if you don't get one. (They may not be keen on scaring away any potential profits.) Stay frosty! 

Beemer

USMCFieldMP

I really only get popping on decel if I'm high rpm and drop from high throttle to low throttle very quickly. Every day driving, really not all that much. It's a side affect of unburnt fuel burning off in the exhaust... not a big deal. I, for one, thoroughly enjoy the dirty race car/bike sounds.

First of all, welcome and congrats! I knew a Nina In Austin, she was a cool drummer chick. That you Nina? Ha! About the exhaust, I bought the full system Akra carbon fiber pipe and every time I look at the stock pipe on the shelf I feel comforted knowing I have a full backup pipe in case my Akra gets rekt for any reason. As far as a fuel controller goes many manufacturers will tell you that you don't need one but they also don't tell you you will likely get a lot of popping on decel if you don't get one. (They may not be keen on scaring away any potential profits.) Stay frosty!
Thank you! :) Nope, never been to Austin, just West Coast every now and then, and guitarist over here :D but she sounds awesome though 8-) lol.  Thanks for the info, everyone here has been so very helpful! I wouldnt want to have that popping whenever I decel, so I will definitely invest on a quality ECU or reflash later. I'm glad USMCFieldMP mentioned he didnt have much problems with everyday driving and only in high rpms.  It gives me time to save up right now since I'm still breaking in the engine. 

I really only get popping on decel if I'm high rpm and drop from high throttle to low throttle very quickly. Every day driving, really not all that much. It's a side affect of unburnt fuel burning off in the exhaust... not a big deal. I, for one, thoroughly enjoy the dirty race car/bike sounds.
So glad you mentioned that. :) 

The biggest reason for swapping to a Akra Carbon ( snail pipe) is the big weight loss. Difference in power , especially on the road will hardly be noticeable. Sound is better as well. Looks are of course subjective, but I really like the snail, so I love mine. Carbon can doesn't burn you leg as easily either. Mine does NOT pop on decel.
Biggest gain in riding pleasure will come for good money spent on good front AND rear suspension. It is the bikes biggest weak point.
Have fun. This bike is one of those bikes that you will miss if you sell it.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Archived