The MT-07 Forum

Got Hit

worty

I really hope you get proper compensation. Sometimes it doesn't work out and it's not right. Ticks me off. You'll get back to riding soon but it's a miserable time now. Yeah, don't use that helmet.
My insurance is great help right now.  they told me my gear will be all replaced.  they still haven't looked at the bike.  if they write it off i will take a little hit on that cause i don't think I had where you get what you paid for the bike but used ones are only a few hundred cheaper but i could be wrong.  The big thing is my lost wage.  I think i'm going to have to get a lawyer depending on what her insurance says when they call me next week.
Good luck. My insurance was excellent about compensating me for the bike. I got more money than I thought it was worth. They gave me all the money they were obligated to--I spoke to a few lawyers about it. I got 200,000. Not a bad amount but I still can't work and my leg is screwed up for life. 200,000 is a joke for what that SOB did. I am so glad that your injuries weren't worse. Please let us know how things work out. 

As it was her fault, her liability insurance should cover all of your damaged stuff. As for you hiring a lawyer, well, you should talk to your insurance 1st and see if they will help going at her insurance.

Hopefully she had adequate insurance and you get something out of the deal. I'm still dealing with my accident that had cost me close to 20k out of pocket and won't get much more than that by the time it all gets settled.

Kind of like what jetgirl said above. But I won't be getting anywhere near the money she did and my leg is permanently an inch short on that side, makes it very hard to do my job like that.

• Premium Member

Everything that has been said is good advice,especially about lawyering up, I don't know about Canadian law, but hell to it all, I'm sure a lawyer has a better idea to get you the best outcome possible. Sorry that this happened to you, and I hope you heal soon. Sign nothing and say nothing without a lawyer. take it easy and heal up soon, if anyone reading this is not wearing or don't have GEAR. ATGATT. For real.

As it was her fault, her liability insurance should cover all of your damaged stuff. As for you hiring a lawyer, well, you should talk to your insurance 1st and see if they will help going at her insurance.
My insurance suggested a lawyer if i don't like what her insurance offers.  She even said if i get one the lawyer have them look over all my insurances stuff as well.  

Thank you everyone for the great help. First time ever in an accident in my 26+ years so had no really idea how to go about it. Thanks again and I'll keep you all posted.

• Premium Member

i would talk to the lawyer about talking about the accident online or posting pictures of the accident...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

i would talk to the lawyer about talking about the accident online or posting pictures of the accident...
You will have to tell what is wrong with that?

Never put any comments about your state as a result of the accident online. Could be used against you. Also Shoei has an accident replacement discount for cases like yours I do believe. So ask the dealer and Shoei before you buy. Sorry to hear about your accident. Get well soon.

• Premium Member

Speedy recovery! Glad you had witnesses there for ya.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

hugson2wheels

I'm sorry to hear that. get well soon. Thankfully there were Witnesses

If god created us in his image, does that mean god is an egomaniac as well?

Archived