The MT-07 Forum

Too soon to install?

Crosbix

Still in my 600 mile break-in period and my full Yosh exhaust came in the mail today. Should I be waiting until after the break-in to install or is it safe to do so now?

• Global Moderator

It will not hurt anything to install it now. Please post photos when you get it done.

kriptikracing

I installed my akrapovic carbon at 30miles on the odometer along with a flashed ecu. I say go for it!

Wait cause there is no way in hell you will not be able to rev the hell out of it with that marvelous sound. LOL

• Premium Member

I'll take the other tact... it cannot hurt to wait to complete the 600 miles. Probably unnecessary but would give you the incentive to ride the crappola out of it to get the miles behind you.

Wa Doit cause there is no way in hell you will not be able to rev the hell out of it with that marvelous sound. LOL 

Ha!

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Premium Member

Get down there and change out that exhaust right this instant! You sir/madame have an admirable level of restraint.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member

slap that noise maker on!

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

I would get used to the stock exhaust, before installing another one.
Try riding stock on the highways a bit..
The stock exhaust (because of more backpressure) will feel more torquey than the more open exhaust.
The new exhaust should give you better top speed.
Though I never really felt the need to go any faster than 120MPH with the stock exhaust.

It won't hurt anything. Get it, enjoy it. Don't wreck it but be prepared to spend more money to accommodate it.

Beemer

Haha I much enjoyed all the responses, thanks all. I got some time aside to install tomorrow. I have just over 400 miles now, took my bike on my 120 mile round trip commute to work a few times this week. Quickly racking up the miles.

WAIT
DON'T DO IT
IF IT IS STILL IN WARRANTY AND YOU CHANGE ANYTHING A KITTEN WILL BE EXECUTED BY THE WARRANTY THUGS

Kittenisshot.jpg

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Well I went ahead with the install today. It was pretty simple, hardest part was tightening the hangar bolts for the Yosh. My god is this way more beautiful and she sounds soooo good now (insert drool here). I'll probably get some pics tomorrow and I'll try and post them as well.

I also posted this pic in the new member section but here she is. 
8cef42d5e3b37945f95a6de1092ea66c.jpg
What is this pipe? I don't remember seeing it on my FZ...
1.png

Thanks,
Perhaps I spontaneously start tearing up, every time I look at my bike, and never noticed it before...

Archived