The MT-07 Forum

Whats your hot weather jacket? post a link

Cruizin

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The same as my cold weather jacket... although I've been looking to change that and get something better for winter. Probably wouldn't be bad to get something better for summer, either. 
Icon Brawnson Sidewinder
sAKl5Ty.jpg?1

Thread rules clearly stated, please post a link so others can buy one too!

USMCFieldMP
Thread rules clearly stated, please post a link so others can buy one too!

I bought it on clearance in 2014, which is when they stopped making it. :P Revzilla has taken it completely off their site.

hot weather??wats dat.lol
If you don't mind me asking, where do you live? I'm assuming you're some place with a mild climate. 

Beemer

We do not have hot weather. Yesterday, we made a 250 mile ride with the highest temp 28C / 83F, and had I known it would get that high, I would have worn my vented leather jacket. I think I have worn it 4 or 5 times since I bought it in 2011. No link, but this is how it looks

Hondajakkeforan_zps5a475dba.jpg

16551830_2ff9_4a7e_a3f6_c4a4248c552e_zps1a0666bf.jpg

It is size 3XL because it's narrow over the shoulders and for the arms, but of course, and unfortunately, wide around the belly. I'm just 5'11'' and 200 lb.

USMCFieldMP
We do not have hot weather. Yesterday, we made a 250 mile ride with the highest temp 28C / 83F.

Lucky. I'm in Texas. High today was 100°F/38°C. It's not too bad if you're moving... gets pretty bad when stopped or in thick traffic though. The advantage is that I can ride just about year round, as it's generally not that bad in the winter months.

We do not have hot weather. Yesterday, we made a 250 mile ride with the highest temp 28C / 83F.
Lucky. I'm in Texas. High today was 100°F/38°C. It's not too bad if you're moving... gets pretty bad when stopped or in thick traffic though. The advantage is that I can ride just about year round, as it's generally not that bad in the winter months.
Define lucky. We have about 250 days a year with rain or snow, leaving on average 1.2 meters of wetness annually (Bergen gets twice as much! and the average temperature over a year is 7.4C / 45.3F, with a typical high of 28C / 82.4F and low of -10C / 14F. Records are 33.5C / 92.3 and -16.1C / 3F where I live. In all of Norway, the absolute records are 35.6C / 96.1F and -51.4C / -60.2F. 
Still, I'd rather live here than in Texas for several reasons and definitely for the weather - it is much easier to do something to stay reasonable in the wet and chill than the hot and dry :)

USMCFieldMP

I'm aware. I lived in England for 2 years, so I know what it can be like in that part of the world. Moderate temps, but rain, rain, rain.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/NEW-DAINESE-G-HYDRA-FLUX-D-DRY-JACKET-BLACK-DARK-GULL-GRAY-YELLOW-EU-50-US-40-/262433654418?txnId=2042660476016

Just received this Dainese D Dry jacket a couple weeks ago from this seller. Great price compared to other vendors, but shipping took a couple weeks as it came from Germany.
I am 6' at 160 pounds and got the size eu50. Fitment at the chest and arm length are near perfect. I do wish that the length was just a touch longer though.
As for the jacket in use, it has been pleasant under the sun with a lot of mesh to flow air flow through. It is usually 80-90F where I live.

IMG_2431.jpg Icon spaztyk jersey, full d3o armor, mesh, and zip-off sleeves for squidding ( have not zipped them off, yet).
Where is the link? Part of thread rules is to post an actual link so others can buy it too, please.

This jacket has been discontinued for a couple years, so there is no link, sorry I should have mentioned that.

I have the AGV Sport Solare (I'm not the only  one in thus thread) in hi viz. Being  in south Texas, it's pretty much my  year round jacket.  Really like it, but the zipper has the slide on the wrong side for some reason - no big deal once I got used to it.  The rubber patches on the sleeves came unstitched, so I took them all the way off.

agv_sport_solare_textile_jacket_black_fluo_yellow_zoom.jpg https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/agv-sport-solare-jacket

Joe Rocket UFO 2.0
I'm in Atlanta. The jacket is nice quality, lots of features, pretty high-viz in this color, and it's NOT black (which defeats the purpose of wearing a mesh jacket in the first place).
At 6'1", 205 lbs with a 46-inch chest, I wear a size-XL.  I tried a large and, while not TOO snug, the sleeves were a little short. In my experience, some extra room in a warm-weather jacket allows air flow.  In cooler weather, some extra room makes it possible to add layers for warmth.
Joe_Rocket_UFO_2.0_Jacket_detail.jpg

I was tortured by the Japanese during the war, Jack. Not a pretty story. Strange thing is they make such bloody good cameras.

Joe Rocket UFO 2.0 I'm in Atlanta. The jacket is nice quality, lots of features, pretty high-viz in this color, and it's NOT black (which defeats the purpose of wearing a mesh jacket in the first place).
At 6'1", 205 lbs with a 46-inch chest, I wear a size-XL.  I tried a large and, while not TOO snug, the sleeves were a little short. In my experience, some extra room in a warm-weather jacket allows air flow.  In cooler weather, some extra room makes it possible to add layers for warmth.
Joe_Rocket_UFO_2.0_Jacket_detail.jpg

got a link?

I ride in 36c degree heat blasting at me in Thailand and I swear by my Olympia Air glide jacket. Flows more air than anything and has great fit and functionality. I have looked for better but haven't found it. Certainly not at such a great price.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/olympia-airglide-5-jacket?gclid=Cj0KCQjw8b_MBRDcARIsAKJE7ln82Qetaf2fRsXKHptjL6g9XZ4CWrAnuTaWp45rXGlx7Y1Gf93rCKUaAlVeEALw_wcB
olympia_airglide5_jacket_ivory_black_red_zoom.jpg

• Premium Member

In the mail! Dainese Super Speed D-Dry. Christmas in August.

https://gpbikes.com/street/jackets/dainese-super-speed-d-dry-jacket.html

[attachment id=2537" thumbnail="1][attachment id=2538" thumbnail="1]
DAMN IT....NOT in the mail.  Why do these shops always list this stuff as IN stock and then inform me its out of stock?! Appears to be OoS everywhere except the overpriced places of course.  First-world problems. Might just have to go with the MIG instead.

Oh Oh...found it from the U.S. ! In the mail ...now lets hope they sent the right colour.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• 3 weeks later...

This jacket is not top of the line ( the nylon could be thicker) but I've got about 30,000 miles on mine and it has held up very well to a 55mph low side and several lowespeed offs on dual sport rides. Found mine on clearance local for $40. The removeable liner wads up so small it will fit in the trunk of an 07. It's good for temps as low as 45-50fIMO. I absolutely love this jacket. I did add some additional ventilation the the back pad. This jacket is nearly 100% mesh. Just enough nylon to hold the armor in place, which it does well. I have regularly ridden on 100f+ temps in complete comfort. It's actually cooler than NOT wearing a jacket. It's basically like carrying your own shade, but it has CE armor attached. Very comfortable collar and it has held up through probably a dozen machine washes. It's just now starting to do that weird purple fade thing. Highly recommended.

Since it is River Road brand, I found it at my local Harley shop. The sport bike guys won't wear that brand, and the HD guys didn't think it was HD enough ( no eagles or orange stripes, I guess). Lucky me. :)

Archived