The MT-07 Forum

RIght hand falling asleep..

roosterxp

cleverriver

check to see if your levers are angled too far upward. If they are that can create a pinch in your wrist leading to the sensation your feeling

• 8 months later...
FZ07R WaNaB

For years (decades) I have had problems with tingling/numbness in my hands whether it was on motorcycle or bicycle (I use to ride bicycles a lot). I would usually get it early in the ride, and eventually it would subside although sometimes a lot of arm/hand shaking was needed. I never thought of that as being from carpal tunnel. It has only been the last couple years that I thought I seriously might have a problem with carpal tunnel. So I got the operation on both hands, and the last two days was the most riding I have done since the operation. I had absolutely ZERO tingling/numbness in my hands. It was awesome to say the least. Previously I had it EVERY time I rode.

So let me do a plug for the carpal tunnel surgery. If you think you might have a problem, get it checked out. There are a couple of simple tests to determine if, and how bad you may have it. If it were just for the riding aspect, I don't know if I would have had surgery, but it caused me other problems too. The surgery fixing the tingling/numbness from bikes was just an unexpected perk!

Edited by FZ07R WaNaB
  • Like 3