The MT-07 Forum

Don't expect people to be law-abiding good drivers!

Duke

Be careful out there! 

Whether lane splitting is legal (looking at you, California) or not, it doesn't mean the cars out there will follow the law! 

Just because they see you doesn't mean they'll give you space or the right of way.

And keep in mind, that most drivers don't even notice other cars (eg. texting, distracted, lazy, etc.) so don't expect them to see you.

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JOzH9uMlJE]

You do you and I'll do me.

Best advice i ever got was to assume everyones trying to kill you on the road, its your job to not give them a chance.

Its worse here in WA IMO. I lived in CA all my life, fled that communist state a bit back, lane splitting is legal most cagers are good with it and are aware. Keep in mind its a practice in CA that has been going on for decades, so there is a understanding. I have had though, people open doors, pinch you in, swerve and think it is funny. I have as well seen rider just be complete prick, normally the moron with tennis shoes cut offs t-shirt and of coarse the Mohawk helmet accessory and wearing only a back brace, ya I just stereotyped the squid.

Seen a lot of doodoo just like that video, and IMO only and experience, WA cagers are far worse.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Just WOW!! So it's true! An ignoramuses can morph into an A-holes!  -  A-hole: "He can get in line like everyone else!" 

I guess riding on jam packed roads like this is unavoidable at times but if I had any chance of taking an uncongested road that's out of the way a little I would go the extra mile or so to avoid what we fondly named in the Army, "The Dumb Sh*t!". F the dumb sh*t we would say. ;)

Beemer

Just WOW!! So it's true! An ignoramuses can morph into an A-holes!  -  A-hole: "He can get in line like everyone else!"  
I guess riding on jam packed roads like this is unavoidable at times but if I had any chance of taking an uncongested road that's out of the way a little I would go the extra mile or so to avoid what we fondly named in the Army, "The Dumb Sh*t!". F the dumb sh*t we would say. ;)
I saw two in that video, the cager and the rider.  That rider should had taken another route around and put that getty-up-go into to use.  Rule #1, never mess with a 1 ton vehicle, you are gonna loose. 
When I saw traffic packed I took the back roads/canyons home, if I need to be home I lane split a lot.  You get a 6th sense on cagers, if your scanning you can almost predict the intent.  I have looked straight into the eyes of cagers in the side view or rear view mirror and knew what they are going to do, yup, they cut you off and laugh about it.  People just suck, always ride like you are invisable oh ya thats rule #2

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

It doesn't help much to be in the right when you're hurt.
Agreed! Whether it's the driver's fault or not, you're still hurt, possibly in the hospital, and unable to ride. Being able to enjoy another ride is more important than blaming.

You do you and I'll do me.

Archived