The MT-07 Forum

Leathers.....

blackout

• Premium Member

Maybe an odd question, but what do you guys where under your leather race suit? Thanks.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

They make 1 or 2 piece under armor style cool max suits (wife calls it a weiner suit).  Wicks away sweat, helps keep you cool in the heat or warm in the cold. Big thing is it let's the suit move on your skin so you can move around the bike w/o wadding up like a wet towel.
IMG_8089_X3.jpg

image hosting services

I wear underarmour pants and a similar material turtle neck. It makes it a lot easier to slip in and out of the top of the suit between runs, and I feel is generally more comfortable. Additionally, the longer neck prevents chafing with the neck of the suit so I recommend getting something with a turtle neck. They sell purpose built ones, but I'm happy with the underarmour for now.

• Premium Member

Under armor shorts and my old trusty long sleeve sun shirt from BODY GLOVE...

Edit: also wear my dirt bike chest protector under my race suit on race days... Handlebar ends to the chest hurt like a @$!##$$ even a foot peg to the rear shoulder will leave you with a black and blue 1/4 sleeve temporary tattoo...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member

I use a Moto-D Coolmax undersuit and matching socks. Very effective and always comfy, would buy again.

http://www.motodracing.com/coolmax-motorcycle-undersuit

The 3-pack is the better deal...
http://www.motodracing.com/coolmax-motorcycle-socks-3-pairs

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member

Thanks. Bought some under armour top and bottoms, and my leather suit goes on and comes off so much easier.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

I wear leather under leather cause you never know!

banana_hammock.jpg Leather banana hammock baby! 8-)

Beemer

• Premium Member

TMI @Beemer.... TMI!
:D

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member
I wear a leather under leather cause you never know!  

banana_hammock.jpg Leather banana hammock baby! 8-)

...not sure how I feel about giving a thumbs up to this post. Cruizin's response is priceless HAHA. 

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member
I wear a leather under leather cause you never know!  

WTF is going on in here? knock that shet off before i puke on my new laptop
HAHA, you leave us kids to our own devices for too long and look what happens...

[div]If you know me you know you don't ask those kind of questions. That's like throwing a starving dog a steak and expecting him to not eat it. I declare I'm innocent by reason of ..... I'll get back to ya! ;)  Heh![/div]

Beemer

• Premium Member

I'm using a new product from Six2, a company from Italy that specializes in technical apparel for sports.

They came out with specific moto gear and it's been great thus far.  I've tested in 108 degree heat at the track and couldn't be happier.

Check them out:

Six2 Technical Apparel

:)

- Paulie

Archived