The MT-07 Forum

How to: FZ-07 throttle body sync

V8titanpwr

@Yakko Warner Yep that looks correct.  When trying to lift, understand that squeezing with pliers will also pinch down on the nipple, so a little wiggle while lifting should help release the tube from the nipple that it attaches to.  Unless you have hose removal pliers...

Edited by Zephyr

As written one post before, for many people it's easier to remove the opposite end of the tube to place the T - piece for connection to the manometer

IMG_20190105_170905.thumb.jpg.b601671ec098387231495e730d2a85c8.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I have a 2021 MT-07 and started looking at this thread in hopes of performing this myself. I noticed that the left side of the throttle body doesn't quite look like what the pictures show. The brass nipple is covered with a cap instead of being connected to a hose. On the right side of the body, the nipple is connected to a hose.

Is the left side still the reference in this case?

unnamed.jpg

9 hours ago, geronimo said:

I have a 2021 MT-07 and started looking at this thread in hopes of performing this myself. I noticed that the left side of the throttle body doesn't quite look like what the pictures show. The brass nipple is covered with a cap instead of being connected to a hose. On the right side of the body, the nipple is connected to a hose.

Is the left side still the reference in this case?

unnamed.jpg

I'm hoping someone can chime in on this too. Was doing mine ('19) and a buddy's ('21) last week and we were both thrown off that the hose was on the opposite sides for the '21. We didn't touch it at the point but were unable to find anything online so far..

• 8 months later...

I don't mean to resurrect an old thread, but I recently did a sync on my '18 and I feel like the bike is a bit smoother, now, but noticed in some of the screenshots posted earlier, there was a T fitting for the hose on the left side of the bike when doing the throttle body sync. I'm re-using a photo posted earlier, but this is the line that I see some people T-off. I didn't actually use a T, just left the hose unplugged. Would this throw the sync off or am I still ok? 

image.png.a3c5e522879cd014e03621ee7a1973b2.png

M. Hausknecht

That hose goes to the intake air pressure sensor; it is important! Having said that, I haven't tried to sync my throttle bodies with it disconnected from the sensor, so I can't comment on whether it screws up the sync process. You can get the right size "T" at any decent hardware store and a short piece of hose to go from the T to the sensor. Easy-peasy.

Just now, M. Hausknecht said:

That hose goes to the intake air pressure sensor; it is important! Having said that, I haven't tried to sync my throttle bodies with it disconnected from the sensor, so I can't comment on whether it screws up the sync process. You can get the right size "T" at any decent hardware store and a short piece of hose to go from the T to the sensor. Easy-peasy.

Got it - I can try to re-sync them with a T. I'm sure I have the right size laying around; bought one of those variety packs a while back when I was hooking up a boost gauge in my car, I just didn't think to use it here because I've seen so many videos and explanations that never mentioned it. I didn't think it was a big deal haha