The MT-07 Forum

*The "Closeout pricing on helmets, boots & jackets" thread.

Cruizin

Redstang4

Last year the lunatic fringe jersey was a big hit here. This Run with the Bulls Jacket may be this years Fringe jersey currently at $34.95

Also is a Speed and Strength Top Dead Center Leather Jacket, perf leather jacket for $114.95, normally $299.95.  Dont personally care for the graphic and large SPEED, and line down the back. But thats a good price for a perf leather jacket.

• Like 1

This is easy. When you see new items go to closeout pricing online, share the link below. Helmets, Jackets, boots, gloves and pads. 
Ya never know, the next rider who reads your post/link, might need it the most.

I'll keep these links updated -I like $aving money..

Revzilla Closeout Pricing

Revzilla helmets on closeout click

Revzilla Boots on closeout click

Revzilla Jackets On Closeout

Cycle Gear Closeout Pricing -In case your size isn't available above, same company now.

3/10/16 Enter code FREESHIP during Checkout to get Free Shipping on cart orders over $49

Cycle Gear Helmets on closeout

Cycle gear Protective boots on closeout

Cycle gear protective jackets on closeout

Solo Moto Parts closeout section

Solo Moto Parts Helmets jackets & Boots on closeout all on one page Click

Bike Bandit Closeout gear

Bike Bandit Closeout helmets

Bike Bandit Closeout Boots

Bike Bandit Closeout Jackets

More coming... Feel free to help!

Reminder, some great deals in these links above! Ride safe, get and use good protective gear!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
No brand shaming here, everyone is entitled to their opinions and my ultimate goal for this thread is to ensure that all of our members are wearing good protective gear. Dropped your helmet on the concrete? It's probably time to replace it and the links above have good low closeout pricing. 
Protective jackets, boots and gear saves your skin and helmets can help save your brain. Pick any helmet you want, just make sure you are all wearing good fresh gear cause me and the moderators care about you all very much. Be safe and friendly out there folks!
What he said. As long as your helmet is DOT or ECE rated you're probably good to go. More expensive can mean better protection, but usually means better comfort, quieter, more and better features, etc... When I've crashed and ruined a helmet, the main difference I noticed was how much damage my wallet took. I always wear gear because I HAVE crashed. It hurts no matter what, but gear can make the difference between riding with a few bruises tomorrow and spending months between the hospital and rehabilitating. Wear your gear, folks, we don't want to read about you in the obits.
  • Like 1

This is easy. When you see new items go to closeout pricing online, share the link below. Helmets, Jackets, boots, gloves and pads. 

Cycle Gear Closeout Pricing -In case your size isn't available above, same company now.

3/10/16 Enter code FREESHIP during Checkout to get Free Shipping on cart orders over $49

All the sale/discount links above are still valid! Quality brand name gear, Revzilla and other's customer service and retuen policies at a discounted price!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Kabuto is the OTHER Japanese helmet maker beyond Arai and Shoei. Not quite as nice but MUCH less expensive. Western Powersports dropped the Kabuto brand this year so Kabuto helmets are on deep discount everywhere in the USA. Great helmets for the price - I have three of them. At over half-off, the Ibuki is an awesome modular helmet for $150 that I vastly prefer over the $210 HJC IS-MAX 2. In a full-face design, the Kamui is a polycarbonate shell instead of aramid but it's a great value, especially at it's current 70% off price of only $88.21. With either helmet, Ibuki or Kamui, you get an internal sun-visor and a really nice ratcheting quick-release in place of the standard D-ring strap (and they still have a single D-ring on the side for use with helmet locks).

Best deal of the year on helmets except for the Scorpion EXO-R710 Silver at $99.98 which is the only Snell-rated helmet you can get for under $100 (though Revzilla is now out of Medium and Large sizes).

Kabuto Kamui - Stinger graphic $88.21
http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/insanity/30893

I was tortured by the Japanese during the war, Jack. Not a pretty story. Strange thing is they make such bloody good cameras.

I noticed that numerous retailers recently put the top-end Alpinestars SMX Plus and Plus GorTex Boots on clearance so they still have popular sizes. If these retailers still have your size, you can get a price-match from Revzilla (no restocking fee and return labels are just $7.50) where they probably have your size too. Awesome price for a great boot (the SMX Plus boot has extra speed laces inside the zipper for a custom fit).

Edge Xtreme Sports..................$245.88
Motorcycle Closeouts price.......$249.95
2Wheels.com price...................$257.88

Revzilla prices as of 8/30/2017
Alpinestars SMX6 Boots......................$216 (closeout)
Alpinestars SMX6 Vented Boots..........$216 (closeout)
Alpinestars SMX6 WP Boots...............$240 (closeout)
Alpinestars SMX6 V2 Boots................$270
Alpinestars SMX6 V2 Vented Boots....$270
Alpinestars SMX6 V2 Drystar Boots....$300
Alpinestars SMX6 V2 GorTex Boots....$330
Alpinestars SMX Plus Boots................$281 (closeout)
Alpinestars SMX Plus Vented Boots....$281 (closeout)
Alpinestars SMX Plus GorTex Boots....$328 (closeout) <--price match this boot for a BIG discount

• Thanks 1

I was tortured by the Japanese during the war, Jack. Not a pretty story. Strange thing is they make such bloody good cameras.

Motowearhouse has a batch of slightly blemished Scorpion Ravin jackets for $350-off the retail price. MSRP everywhere is $599 but because there is an inconsistent shadow on the reflective "Scorpion" trim on the arms, the manufacturer considers them defective (not defective enough to stop the garment factory from shipping them to the USA though). Motowearhouse has limited quantities priced at only $249 with free shipping.

I ordered one for myself. It's not often that a deal like that comes around.

https://www.shopmotowearhouse.com/products/scorpion-ravin-leather-jacket

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2017 at 8:07 PM, Cruizin said:

Just checked all of the above links, all still working! If you need cool weather gear, start with the links above and save a ton of money. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
2 hours ago, Beemer said:

I bought myself an early Christmas present at CLOSEOUT (35% off) from our buddies at Cycle Gear. Thanks buddies!

https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/agv-sport-element-vintage-leather-jacket

Can't wait to get it, I think it looks sharp! (has a little Tejas flair to it) I'll give a review on it after a few miles.

Nice Jacket! Nice Price! Too bad they're out of my size.

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
36 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

Wow, your right. Arai is on sale at Revzilla &nbsp;

Ya wow, almost all sizes already gone Be nice if they noted that.  Been looking to replace my ARAI, but there is no deal here, just selling off unsellable items

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

31 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

No joke, thats a pretty good sale going on 

I have been looking heavy and have decided on the HJC RHPA Pro, the design I want is on close out.  Speaking to someone on this, I was told Closeouts are two fold

1. End of that design, meaning that design is no longer available, which means another design maybe comng out
  2. End of Manufacture for that LID model

Either or, be cognoscente of the OEM Manufacture Date, ask for a deeper discount if a year old or more

• Like 1

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Exactly right on the manufacture date. The LS2 I bought on closeout recently is still a current model,so I suspected they were just killing that graphic off.Helmet showed up and it was already 2.5 years old. Sent it back.

Local shop has a RF1200 they are asking $450 for. ( plus tax= $473 here) I had a wild hair that day told them I would buy it on the spot IF I could first take it for a short test ride and verify it was as quiet as everyone raved about. They said no. Then I flipped it over and saw it 5 years old!!  Being a smart aleck, I offered the guy $20 for it. He just stared at me...."$20? What???" Dude, this thing is 5 years old. I'll give ya 20 bucks for to use it as a cool planter since it's worthless as a lid. He was visibly upset :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2