The MT-07 Forum

Gilles Tooling ACM Titanium Axle Nut GROUP BUY!!! (ENDED)

bellissimoto

Hello everyone!!!

Due to popular demand, we are having a group buy on the Gilles Tooling ACM Titanium Axle Nut!

As some of you know, the stock rear axle nut has been prone to causing problems...the two large metal flanges that act as the locking mechanism sometimes jam up on the threads of the axle and almost weld themselves to it.  When using force to break it loose, either the threads strip, or the axle block that holds the axle in place breaks.

The issue is with those large metal flanges on the stock nut. The solution is to use a different nut - The Gilles Tooling ACM Titanium Axle Nut.

Info:

One of the lightest axle nuts on the market, the ACM Titanium Axle Nut by Gilles Tooling is one of the safest too. The patent pending pin-lock safety technology secures the ACM Titanium Axle Nut in place, making it bomb-proof while allowing it to be loosened faster than a split pin secured nut. It weighs just 20 grams, which is less than 3/4ths of an ounce, and is a perfect fit when using stock hardware or the Gilles Tooling AXB Chain Adjusters.

It's design is inspired and derived by factory racing teams, and has been used by professional racers such as Cal Crutchlow to become a World SuperSport Champion.

A product of award-winning precision engineering makes the ACM Titanium Axle Nut TUV and ISO certified, and will no doubt give your bike that ultra-premium look.

M18x1.5

Material: Titanium ti6alv4

Ultra lightweight at 20 grams (less than 3/4ths of an ounce)

Innovative pin-interlock security w/ high locking characteristics

Perfectly compliments chain adjuster kits by Gilles Tooling

Plastic-pin accomodates thread form and locks with friction

Simple security through interlock system

Easy assembly with a Included hex tool

DzDYQrVl.jpg
S9FWG6Ul.jpg

You can see the locking mechanism here...a plastic threaded insert comes out and locks against the threads when you tighten the set screw on the face of the nut.  Pretty ingenious.  I've had mine on and off over 20 times now without issue. 

Since I've just sold the last one this morning and had many inquires since, I plan to bring a bunch in and offer a group buy on this item.  Because the shipping cost is getting absorbed into a much bigger order, I'm able to pass the savings on to everyone and offer it at a fantastic price.

Retail is $87 shipped...GROUP BUY PRICE:  $65 shipped (within the US, add $15 for international)

I'd like 5 people to make this happen.  Should have stock in about 3 weeks.

Reserved List:

1.  @slow06er   PAID
2.  @rowdy   PAID
3.  @lovakhan   PAID
4.  @ddog  PAID
5.  @easternkayaker  PAID
6.  @cybmx   PAID
7.  @sorkyah  PAID
8.  @crazycracka501  PAID
9.  @2wheeler  PAID
10. @i2837856393  PAID
11.  @reboot PAID
12.  @cleansimple  PAID
13  @howlinhoss  PAID
14.  @kameronk  PAID
15.  @tastygarage    PAID

Wow, that went quick!  But it's not over!!!  I'm going to place an amendment order for more of these so I'll honor the group buy price for those who follow (until the supply on this amendment order runs out, which will be 10 more).

:)

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@lovakhan, the Gilles Tooling ACM Titanium Axle Nut is a direct replacement for the stock one, so if your stock one works, this should too :)

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

Guys, I have it, and I'm really happy with it.
The OE nut was stuck, and after a complete change of the rear axle and plates I bought the GT's ACM Titanium nut.
It's a real jewel, and I recommend all the Gilles Tooling's toys.
Really good products.
One important advice: use anti-seize compound between the TI nut and the plates/axle.
The titanium can seize up if it's in contact with another metal.

DSC_0593.jpg

www.MT-Series.it
Yamaha Official MT-Series Club

Guest ChicagoAJ
Add me pls. Wondering tho if this will still function w my mud guard 6079d24be3b2431b2bdae79fb368ae71.jpg 

With the minuscule amount of thread your axle nut grabs onto, I don't think I'd ever worry about it getting stuck to the point of not being able to get it off. You could put a small pick in there to unlock it! 
I still want this axle nut, but the price is off-putting unless it lasts forever!

• Premium Member

@chicagoaj It might not last forever, but it's TITANIUM! It will last a long time, never corrode, and matches my Akra Ti exhaust! ;)

Why can't left turners see us?

Guest ChicagoAJ
@chicagoaj It might not last forever, but it's TITANIUM! It will last a long time, never corrode, and matches my Akra Ti exhaust! ;)
It'll last as long as the plastic thread lock tab lasts or the set screw. I have no doubt it's a good product though. 

• Premium Member
It'll last as long as the plastic thread lock tab lasts or the set screw. I have no doubt it's a good product though. 
Good point.  They should offer a rebuild kit. ;) I ordered one anyway.  I can't resist that kind of swag, especially when the stock nut is so prone to major problems.

• Premium Member

Sent mail for 2 of them ...one for the wild child fz-07 and one for the fying fortress fj-09...I actually have the nut on the shifter side of the bike to keep the heat from the exhaust off the stock nut...

Btw : fz-07+fj-09=harmony...they go together like ying and yang...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member
Sent mail for 2 of them ...one for the wild child fz-07 and one for the fying fortress fj-09...I actually have the nut on the shifter side of the bike to keep the heat from the exhaust off the stock nut... 
Btw : fz-07+fj-09=harmony...they go together like ying and yang...
I'm so jealous!  ;) 

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
Wow, that went quick!  But it's not over!!!  I'm going to place an amendment order for more of these so I'll honor the group buy price for those who follow (until the supply on this amendment order runs out, which will be 10 more).

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

I'm in for sure!!  Please add me to the list.

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to let everyone know we're still waiting on the Gilles Ti Axle nuts. Apparently, we cleaned them out and they had to manufacture more! I can only deduce that it's taking so long because they are making quite a few more than just what we ordered, so I'll keep everyone posted as I get updates.

Just wanted to let everyone know I didn't forget about this...

I'm personally waiting for one as well, for something else ;)

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

• Global Moderator
Hi everyone! 
Just wanted to let everyone know we're still waiting on the Gilles Ti Axle nuts. Apparently, we cleaned them out and they had to manufacture more! I can only deduce that it's taking so long because they are making quite a few more than just what we ordered, so I'll keep everyone posted as I get updates.

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

is there a possibility they have one available for the countershaft too?
it would only be awesome to have both... Gilles everything 

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Hi everyone! 

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

is there a possibility they have one available for the countershaft too? it would only be awesome to have both... Gilles everything 
To my knowledge, they don't offer it... 
:(

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

Archived