The MT-07 Forum

Factory rearsets

kawinight

Question for some of you track guys/knee draggers

I've realized at lean with still some tire left I'm scraping my toe sliders while dragging knee. which to me means the rear sets close too. My friend who rode behind me (who taught how to ride) even said I was slowing him down in the corners)

Before you ask, yes I have good body position
Yes I'm on my toes and I only hang my toe off the peg slightly as a feeler for how close the pegs are.

This is my 6th bike, the ones before it were super sports. On those bikes if I scraped my toe slider I had it pretty cranked and my friend above would drop back in the corners cause he couldn't keep pace. The picture in my profile was me on my cbr1000. I was going pretty slow in that shot.

So are you guys installing adjustable rear sets to compensate? Did you guys have the same issues?

• Global Moderator
I've realized at lean with still some tire left I'm scraping my toe sliders while dragging knee. which to me means the rear sets close too. My friend who rode behind me (who taught how to ride) even said I was slowing him down in the corners)

Yes I'm on my toes and I only hang my toe off the peg slightly as a feeler for how close the pegs are.

This is my 6th bike, the ones before it were super sports. On those bikes if I scraped my toe slider I had it pretty cranked and my friend above would drop back in the corners cause he couldn't keep pace. The picture in my profile was me on my cbr1000. I was going pretty slow in that shot.

So are you guys installing adjustable rear sets to compensate? Did you guys have the same issues?
Many people have installed adjustables, myself included.
you just missed a group buy from @bellissimoto for the gilles 'factory' rearsets here.
http://fz07.org/thread/5256/

there are several people running the e-bay specials that seem to be of decent quality
http://fz07.org/thread/4612/

Theres also a thread about rearsets here
http://fz07.org/thread/5147/

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

I contacted bellisimoto, he made me an offer (not as good as the group buy) but a good offer.

I want to purchase, but I wanted to know what others were doing and if this was common on the bikes.

I contacted bellisimoto, he made me an offer (not as good as the group buy) but a good offer.  
I want to purchase, but I wanted to know what others were doing and if this was common on the bikes.
i got the gilles from the group buy. way better than stock. very adjustable and great quality. very smooth and sturdy.

• Premium Member

I've never scraped a toe peg with my Gilles on the track.  My kickstand touched down first.  Having said that, the rearsets WILL give you more clearance, and as side note these bikes like to be higher in the rear.  If you raise the rear of the bike up, either with a rear shock that has adjustable length, AP MotoArts rear link, or a 60 series tire (or any combination of those), it'll not only help the bike handle much better, but it will give you more clearance as well.

:)

- Paulie

aaronjbush12

Spend the money for quality rearsets. Running a peg into a curb sucks, trust me..

• 5 weeks later...

Are you guys allowed to run with sidestands on?

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Premium Member
Are you guys allowed to run with sidestands on?
With the track organizations I've been with, yes.

Here it's no side or centre stands and track stands only.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Archived