The MT-07 Forum

Gilles Tooling Factor-X Rearsets Group Buy! (ENDED)

bellissimoto

bellissimoto
UPDATE 7

Just got shipping confirmation that our Gilles order has left LUXEMBOURG and is on the way to us!!!  Whoo Hoo!

UPDATE 6

Just got confirmation that our Gilles order is a GO! I hope to receive shipping information from Gilles soon :)

UPDATE 5

Hi everyone!  My contact at Gilles has been on holiday and at the racetrack all last week but I finally heard back from him this morning.  The reason why some of you got yours and some are still waiting is because we only got a partial order last time out...because WE CLEANED THEM OUT!!!  They actually had to manufacture more rearsets just for us, and they are at their anodizer as I type this, to be shipped immediately upon completion.  As soon as I have more info, I'll pass it along :)

UPDATE 4

THE GROUP BUY HAS ENDED.  I actually posted in the thread on 5/23 that it ended, but figured I'd put it up here also.  Thank you so much for all those who participated...and I hope you look to us in the future for all your FZ-07 needs :)

UPDATE 3

Important news for everyone.  I just got wind that the rearsets actually come with a provision to use the stock brake light switch, so the separate brake light micro switch in the "Street" version is not needed for continued use of the rear brake light.  You CAN use the Gilles Tooling brake light micro switch, but it is not needed.

For those of you who already received their "Street" kit and do not wish to use the separate brake light micro switch, you can send the switch back to me and I'll refund you the cost of the switch upon its arrival.  Please include all original packaging for the switch.

Send it to:

Bellissimoto
Gilles FZ-07 Rearset Group Buy
6175 S. Pecos Rd
Las Vegas, NV 89120

For the "Street" kits that haven't shipped yet, I will not send the brake light micro switch and issue a refund for the cost of the switch.

My sincere apologies for this.  This issue was not known ahead of time, but I promise I'll make it right :)

- Paul

UPDATE 2

Everyone on the list has been invoiced via PayPal. As soon as we receive payment from everyone, the order will be placed with Gilles Tooling. Lead time from Gilles Tooling to us is about 2 weeks. Thank you again everyone. I'm really excited to be able to put this Group Buy together for the FZ-07 community. I will keep everyone updated as I get more info.

:)

- Paul

UPDATE!  

I have some great news for everyone!  As your source for high end products for the FZ-07, we are going to do something pretty special for those who signed up for the Group Buy.  We understand that riding season is upon us, and that no one likes waiting for parts.  Because of this, we are going process the Group Buy now at the 5+ discount of 20% off, and if in the next 30 days we get more people to sign up and bring us to 10 or more for the 25% off discount, I'll refund the difference to the folks who already paid.

How's that sound!

I'd ask those who signed up so far, @ddog , @12ival , @efman04 , @goose , and @mericc to please PM me your full name, address, phone number, and most importantly, your PayPal e-mail address so we can start the invoicing process and place the order with Gilles.  If you'd like to call us with that information instead, feel free to call me at (702) 901-4028.

- Paul

Hello FZ-07.org members!

Last week to kick off our supporting vendor status we brought you a group buy on the Termignoni Exhaust System (found here).

This week, as the official Importer of Gilles Tooling in the US, I’m excited to introduce another group buy on their coveted Factor-X Rearsets!

Previously, the only way to get them was from Yamaha Europe. They were branded as an Official Yamaha UK accessory sold only through Yamaha dealerships in the UK.  They cost a small fortune, and were only offered in one color with no further options.

As a Gilles Tooling part, we are able to get them in 3 different colors, with standard or carbon heel guards.

The Gilles Tooling Factor-X rearsets are derived from World Superbike, and offer maximum performance in a minimalistic design. They feature strong, lightweight construction and a wide variety of adjustment. Dual ball bearings on the gear and brake lever mean ultra-smooth, precise action. Standard and GP shifting is possible, and they are TUV certified. Works with existing OEM brake light switch. 

Used by race teams all over the world, but don’t let their racing heritage fool you - these are one of the only available rearsets on the market that can actually go forward of the stock location if so desired. The footpeg has 6 different positions, and the toe piece is adjustable to match.

23VPSeNl.jpg
sTTvFyAl.jpg
S9vTVbFl.jpg

We need just 5 people to accommodate the group buy discount of 20% and FREE SHIPPING (within the USA, add $45 for international)

If we get 10 or more to sign up, the discount goes up to 25%

Pricing is as follows for the Gilles Tooling Factor-X Rearsets:

Standard heel guards – Retail $429.95, GB Price $343.96

Carbon heel guards – Retail $519.95 GB Price $415.96

Colors available (pictured above) – Black/Red, Black, or Gold

If we get 10 people or more, the pricing is as follows:

Standard heel guards – Retail $429.95, GB Price $322.46

Carbon heel guards – Retail $519.95 GB Price $389.96

Don't miss this special group buy on one of the finest rearsets available! Sign up in this thread to reserve your set today!

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

Reserved List

1.  @ddog  - Street w/ Carbon heel guards, Black/Red  PAID
2.  @12ival - Street w/ Standard heel guards, Black  PAID
3.  @efman04 - Street w/ Carbon heel guards, Black/Red  PAID
4.  @goose - Race w/ Standard heel guards, Black  PAID
5.  @mericc - Street w/ Standard heel guards, Black/Red  PAID

We met the minimum requirement for the Group Buy!!!  Just 5 more needed to take advantage of an even LOWER price!

6.  @darrooh - Street w/ Standard heel guards, Black PAID
7.  @potatochips - Street w/ Standard heel guards, Black PAID
8.  @alextseng31087 - Street w/ Standard heel guards, Black PAID
9.  @so1102 - w/ Standard heel guards, Black PAID
10.  @panchobullet - w/ Carbon heel guards, Black PAID

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Global Moderator

Holy crap...
Didnt know you guys were on here now... i need more parts for my set
Or maybe i can just get the set again from you guys
Depends on what the insurance company says

also to second the question from above... whats the difference between the street and race versions

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Global Moderator
I'm assuming race makes it a moto gp style shift?
I dont think so, as i have my factory set running gp shift
i think the factory version is the 'street' version

bellissimoto

The only difference between the Street and Race version is that the Street version includes the optional brake light micro switch. The brake light micro switch is what makes the rearsets street legal. If it's not a concern for you, you can get the Race version and save a few bucks. Both Street and Race versions can do either Standard shift or GP shift.

Hope that clears it up :)

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

I wasn't able to locate these on the site you linked to. I don't see any Gilles Tooling rearsets. Do you have a link to any other information? More specifics?

bellissimoto

@ddog , what other information were you looking for?  I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.

The Gilles Tooling Factor-X rearsets are listed on our new website here.  To be honest though, there isn't really much more information out there on the FZ-07 specific Factor-X rearsets, as they are a new item and not even listed on Gilles own website.

Our new website isn't quite finished yet, as we are still adding additional items before it goes public.  Having said that, it is functional and you can purchase items from it, but the FZ-07 Group Buys are being handled through the forum.

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

bellissimoto

@albatrosscafe , the colors are listed in the original post - Black/Red, Black, or Gold (as pictured above)

Please let me know if I can be of further help.

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

• Premium Member

Haha, I own the foot pegs. Hope the rest of the forum gets on this deal... 20-25% off!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Global Moderator
Haha, I own the foot pegs. Hope the rest of the forum gets on this deal... 20-25% off!  

You needs the rearsets too meek
they feel awesome

• Global Moderator

Count me down for a set of the street carbon rearsets
in red/black of course

I'll go in for street, red and black, with carbon heel guards... if we get 5 people.
@ddog are you in? you and one more we got 5.

bellissimoto

Hi everyone! I updated the list...just need 2 more people and this is a go!!!

@simbadc650 , we're at a price point with the current group buy that this is the best price you'll find anywhere, and it'll get even better if we can get 10 or more :)

Even at the regular group buy price with 5 people, it's an outstanding value for what you're getting. Hope you don't wait too long and miss out entirely...

- Paul

I'll go in for street, red and black, with carbon heel guards... if we get 5 people.
@ddog are you in? you and one more we got 5.

Yeah I'm in!

Sweet that makes 5. 5 more and it's an even better deal. i posted a link to this thread on the Facebook page. i hope that was ok.

bellissimoto
Im in for the black/red with carbon heel guards
@efman04 , did you want Street or Race version?  Only difference is that the Street version comes with the brake light micro switch, the Race version doesn't.   
I put you down for the Street version, but I'll confirm before the order is placed so no worries.

Oh and @12ival , by my count I only got 4 so far, so it looks like we need just one more and we're good to go!

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

Im in for the black/red with carbon heel guards
@efman04 , did you want Street or Race version?  Only difference is that the Street version comes with the brake light micro switch, the Race version doesn't.   
I put you down for the Street version, but I'll confirm before the order is placed so no worries.

Oh and @12ival , by my count I only got 4 so far, so it looks like we need just one more and we're good to go!

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com
oh ha! guess i read that wrong. lol. thanks.

Archived