The MT-07 Forum

Loose seat?

rwynne24

Is anyone else having this issue? I recently bought a UV Purple (Blacklight color) LED kit to install because it would look awesome against the liquid graphite :P and since I put my seat back on the front end of it is loose? I just got home from work and on the ride home I looked down and could see the 2 bolts clear as day! So when I got into my driveway I gave it a little tug and the whole front end popped out! I removed the seat and it looks like it's just the little rubber gromet part holding it there.... Realigned everything and screwed it back down and it didn't seem to pop up as much but it's still moving. Is anyone else having this issue? Makes me worry about the electricals incase of rain or something!

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome rwynne24! The front part of the seat has to be securely hooked in before screwing the back part in. You can tell you've done it wrong if there is a large gap between the seat and frame. The gap should be very small. Lots of us here have gone through this because it can be tricky at first.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Welcome rwynne24! The front part of the seat has to be securely hooked in before screwing the back part in. You can tell you've done it wrong if there is a large gap between the seat and frame. The gap should be very small. Lots of us here have gone through this because it can be tricky at first.

This! Push down a little on the center of the seat and slide it forward to "hook" it in.

• Premium Member

I actually keep one hand pressing down and forward on the front/middle of the seat while screwing each side down. One side half way and vice versa till secure. If i dont do it that way, the front pops out like you are explaining.

If you look on the bottom there's a little slot on the seat to slide over a black tab on the bike. You'll be able to see it if you look. I just did the same thing last week.

THANK YOU!! After about 20 minutes of frustration I got it! Now time to clean her after all this rain we've been getting!

My seat is definitely squeaky

I agree if you move to much from side to side, I've seen a couple seat upgrades but I'm not really liking them, the Corbin one makes it one whole seat but apparently it's comfortable... Takes away from the sporty look I think though.

Archived