The MT-07 Forum

Cortech micro tank bag?

luke325i

Hi folks. In a new rider and new to the forum. Already posted a hello in the intro forums.

Im looking at this tank bag because its nice and compact.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/cortech-micro-20-tank-bag

Ive heard on this forum that you need to modify something for it to fit the bike?

I know it has magnets(useless) but comes with straps too.

Can someone who has done it explain how much work it takes?

Much appreciated

• Premium Member

From the picture it looks like you will have to remove the seat and the left and right plastic panels on the tank to run the straps since the tank is covered by the plastic panels....

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

The only thing you will have to do is remove some plastic pieces to run the mounting straps since the fz-07 has a plastic shell covering the gas tank...
Remove plastic pieces on the straps or on the bike?

• Premium Member

The bike plastics...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Is anyone able to go into any more detail on what actually needs to be done so i feel ok ordering the bag? Some guy here is selling ine because he didnt want to do the "modifications" necessary

• Premium Member
grahamfz07

I saw a youtube video for installing a cortech tank bag on the FZ07 a while back. It was the larger bag but probably the same concept, found it. Hope that helps

Archived