Sign in to follow this  
she3pdog

Stolen bike

she3pdog
Well, my precious FZ-07 was stolen from my place yesterday. I'm pretty bent out of shape about it, but I'm trying to remain positive. I had full coverage on it, so it was covered for theft and whatnot. I thought about just going and buying another one, but I think I may move to a different bike. I'll be test riding a lot of stuff in the coming weeks to see what I may want, but in the mean time, does anyone have any suggestions? I liked the bike a lot, but sometimes felt it was small. Any improvement in comfort would be great too. I'd like to keep comparable torque though because that is what really made the bike fun to ride.

dizzid1320
Oh man, I'm really sorry to hear it was stolen. That's heartbreaking.

As far as finding a replacement, what kind of budget are you working with? There are lots of options for more torque and comfort, but not really at a comparable cost.

she3pdog
Well, I'm getting a check for the kbb value+accessories for the theft, so something that is around the same price as the FZ-07, but I'm definitely dipping into the used market as well this time around.

thomascrown
1290 superduke
  • Like 2

she3pdog
1290 superduke

Man, that bike has been on my mind for a while now. I'm definitely going to try to find a place that will let me test ride one. I'm not sure if I'm willing to fork over that kind of money, but I'll find out.

thomascrown
You can get a new 2014 for 15k. A lot of money, but also lots of bike. It is an fz07 on steroids.
  • Like 1

jerryv

That seriously sucks ???.. where was it taken from?  Was it secured in any way?  

Well, my precious FZ-07 was stolen from my place yesterday.

rotaryryan24
Well, my precious FZ-07 was stolen from my place yesterday. I'm pretty bent out of shape about it, but I'm trying to remain positive. I had full coverage on it, so it was covered for theft and whatnot. I thought about just going and buying another one, but I think I may move to a different bike. I'll be test riding a lot of stuff in the coming weeks to see what I may want, but in the mean time, does anyone have any suggestions? I liked the bike a lot, but sometimes felt it was small. Any improvement in comfort would be great too. I'd like to keep comparable torque though because that is what really made the bike fun to ride.

dude that sucks, I'm sorry to hear that. I'll make sure to keep an eye out for you bike.
  • Like 1

grahamfz07
That sucks, sorry to hear that

yamahappy74
That sucks, man. For your sake, I hope they never find it. Nothing like riding around on a bike that you know was molested by some clown with no conscience. Last I checked, a brand new one is insured at $6400, at least that's what State Farm told me when I bought mine out the door for $7700. So if that happened to me, I'd be out a fair bit of money, even with full theft coverage.

How about a Monster 1100? Or a Moto Guzzi?

magsz18
Hrmph...

Thieves, when caught, should have their hands cut off after trial as punishment.

What is your budget like? That opens up alot of options.

If you're looking for comfort im going to assume you probably want to stick with something that is relatively upright instead of a sport bike? Give us some feedback so that we can vicariously shop with you! :)
  • Like 1

truthiness
My condolences for your loss.

Have you considered the Kawi Z1000?

Or...bigger...more torque...more comfort... Suzuki V-Strom 1000?

she3pdog
Thanks for the support, guys. I'm definitely wanting to stick with the upright naked bikes. I just like the way they look and feel. All the talk about the super Duke yesterday got me looking at the older 990s, and I can snag one of those for roundabouts 5k in my area. Seems pretty appealing, but I've never rode one, so I may hate it.

phicurious86
Sorry She3p,

Hope it's a quick turn around on the claim so you can start riding again soon.

she3pdog
Ya, me too. Has anyone else had to deal with insurance with a theft like this? I don't know what to expect as far as how long their investigation will take and whatnot. I have Progressive.