The MT-07 Forum

Rhinomoto and aftermarket bars

squidsquiddly

squidsquiddly

Hello, sorry if this question has been asked or answered. I am looking to purchase aftermarket bars to lower the riding position and I want to see if there are any options out there that are compatible with the rhinomoto bar end weights and my CRG arrow mirrors

Thanks in advance

• Premium Member

Your CRG mirrors should clamp right on the ends of your new 7/8" diameter bars. If your new low bars are aluminum, then it's easiest to go with that brand of bar end weights since they're designed for the small I.D., thick walled bars.

If you go with 7/8" steel bars like BikeMaster's Drag bars* or Superbike bars* for example, they have a larger I.D. and you'll have a choice of aftermarket bar end weights. Any of those with internal expansion hardware will work perfectly.

Keep your Rhinomoto bar ends just in case, or sell them in our classified section.

*I know the Superbike bars will work on the FZ, the Drag bars should, but no experience with them on the FZ.

squidsquiddly

Your CRG mirrors should clamp right on the ends of your new 7/8" diameter bars. If your new low bars are aluminum, then it's easiest to go with that brand of bar end weights since they're designed for the small I.D., thick walled bars.  
If you go with 7/8" steel bars like BikeMaster's Drag bars* or Superbike bars* for example, they have a larger I.D. and you'll have a choice of aftermarket bar end weights. Any of those with internal expansion hardware will work perfectly.

Keep your Rhinomoto bar ends just in case, or sell them in our classified section.

*I know the Superbike bars will work on the FZ, the Drag bars should, but no experience with them on the FZ.

Okay. Thank you for such a detailed response. Is there any word on if my rhinomoto and CRG Arrows will work with the woodcraft or suburban machinery or any of the other bars that people seem to love on here? Just looking for a specific bar that will work. If not I can always call SM or Revzilla tomorrow to see what will and won't work.

Thanks.

dizzid1320

If you bought rhinomoto adapters to fit the stock bars, then they are threaded specifically for that bar. Woodcraft and SM I think are both bare, non-threaded. Both should be long enough that you won't need the rhinomoto ends.

squidsquiddly

If you bought rhinomoto adapters to fit the stock bars, then they are threaded specifically for that bar. Woodcraft and SM I think are both bare, non-threaded. Both should be long enough that you won't need the rhinomoto ends.

Thanks so much for clarifying

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
ch3rryghost

Thanks so much for clarifying

Also, if you don't have enough room and you have NON-threaded bars, you can purchase these adapters that go in the end and expand as you tighten.

ADAPTERS

• 3 years later...
  • Premium Member

Holy Necro-thread!

Catch-22: Either get shaded for not using the search function or for resurrecting a necro-thread. 

This is the only thread on the subject I could find.

OK, So the short answer is that there are still no aftermarket bars that will support the Yamaha factory, or aftermarket compatible, screw on bar end weights?

Seems like a missed market. Guess I'll have to stick with my factory bars.

Anyone using other Yamaha factory bars on their FZ-07 to retain the use of bar end weights on their MT/FZ-07?

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Archived