The MT-07 Forum

Parley's Canyon, Jordenelle Loop

rowdy

• Premium Member

I did a very scenic 100 miler today. From Salt Lake City, UT.
I headed up Parley's Canyon (I-80 West), and turned off at SR 189.  I took 189 to SR 248, and SR 248 to Kamas.  SR 248 is a very scenic, smooth, twisty, up and down highway along the north east side of Jordanelle Reservior . At Kamas I took a short hop south to SR-32, headed west along the south side of Jordanelle Reservior.  This is another beautiful stretch of highway with great views of the reservior and the mountains. then back to SR189 north along the West side of the reservior.  This stretch isn't as great, because the cement highway slabs have a pronounced constant: thump, thump, thump because the slabs are, well... they suck.  From there it was back down Parley's Canyon (I-80) and home.

[attachment id=641" thumbnail="1]

[attachment id=642" thumbnail="1]

Why can't left turners see us?

• 1 month later...
aircraftelectrician

I was stationed in Idaho for 8 years of my Air Force career, and I'm married to a woman from SLC (she was born in Preston, ID), so I'm very familiar with Parley's Canyon, SR89 and US91, The only time I've ever been on 189 and 248 was headed to Park City for our honeymoon. Most of my road trips through that area were by car, and I've always wanted to head back west with the bike, but we just haven't had the opportunity yet. 

Sounds like a great ride.
Thanks

ATGATT-A helmet saved my life on 10-01-07!

• 2 weeks later...
Motorboat McGoat
I did a very scenic 100 miler today. From Salt Lake City, UT. I headed up Parley's Canyon (I-80 West), and turned off at SR 189.  I took 189 to SR 248, and SR 248 to Kamas.  SR 248 is a very scenic, smooth, twisty, up and down highway along the north east side of Jordanelle Reservior . At Kamas I took a short hop south to SR-32, headed west along the south side of Jordanelle Reservior.  This is another beautiful stretch of highway with great views of the reservior and the mountains. then back to SR189 north along the West side of the reservior.  This stretch isn't as great, because the cement highway slabs have a pronounced constant: thump, thump, thump because the slabs are, well... they suck.  From there it was back down Parley's Canyon (I-80) and home.

That IS a scenic ride.  Provo Canyon has awesome higher speed sweeping turns. A few friends and I like to do a few laps from Orem to Deer Creek Reservoir and back.  I have yet to do the Energy Loop (http://www.canyonchasers.net/maps/16/UT-96/264/31) which I hear is pretty awesome too.  We need to get a Utah group and go for a ride.

Archived