Sign in to follow this  
scordiaboy515

Gixxer front brake upgrade

scordiaboy515
Mounted up a 2008 Suzuki GSXR600 radial master cylinder, Spiegler brake lines, EBC pads, Motul RBF 600 brake fluid.....cH6na0H.jpg81AHFlB.jpgNo62rqZ.jpgQpjoWHm.jpg

• Like 6

cybmx
I was thinking about something like this, does it improve the braking significantly?

scordiaboy515
I was thinking about something like this, does it improve the braking significantly?
   most definitely,  most true sport bikes use a radial style master cyl. with a bore size between 17.5mm - 19mm or so....give or take depending on what brand it is. 

cybmx
What is the different between 17-19?

scordiaboy515
It's the diameter of the piston inside the master...the bigger the piston the more powerful but less feel....and vice versa 
  • Like 1

Guest Ralph
It's the diameter of the piston inside the master...the bigger the piston the more powerful but less feel....and vice versa
Are you sure about that?

scordiaboy515
Are you sure about that?
    (((((((((((((((:-S)))))))))))))))))) 

howlinhoss
Tommy Boy Voice "you are correct".

mericc
I thought the brakes were based off the r1?

scordiaboy515
I thought the brakes were based off the r1?
  Nope, it's not a radial master like the R6/R1....just a generic off the shelf item 

RobMoore
A you've lost your mirror mount. What are your plans now? Bar ends?

Also, are you going to swap out the clutch perch for one without a mirror mount?

dizzid1320
I know yours is a track bike, but does the GSX-R assembly have a brake light switch? Or would you need an in-line pressure switch?

YZEtc
I did this to my 2007 SV650K7 back then.
I did it mainly (or, the most apparent advantage that came to my attention after doing it) because of the better shape and feel of the front brake lever.The lever is flatter and longer for more leverage, and the feel when using the brake was very good, indeed.If it actually makes the brake stronger, that's an added bonus.

At least the stock front brakes of the FZ-07, with a change to EBC HH pads, in my opinion, are excellent to begin with.
The SV?
Not so excellent, stock.

scordiaboy515
I know yours is a track bike, but does the GSX-R assembly have a brake light switch? Or would you need an in-line pressure switch?
    Brake light switch is intact and the FZ07 connectors hook right up to it....no worries 

scordiaboy515
A you've lost your mirror mount. What are your plans now? Bar ends? 
Also, are you going to swap out the clutch perch for one without a mirror mount?
  Nope, one mirror does the job for me.....one less item I have to remove when taking it to the track 8-)