The MT-07 Forum

Paul's 2015 MT-07 from Hong Kong

dacxint

Finally after 2 months of waiting, I am about to receive my first brand new bike.

When I picked up these documents from the dealership yesterday, I had a glimpse of my brand new bike tucked at the back of the garage, all ready to go with me right there and then.

I'm not quite sure how I was able to refrain from scratching that itch and had the discipline to walk out the dealer empty handed, saying to myself inside my head "Wait, wait till the secure parking is ready"

Anyway, patience has led me this far without any accidents on and off the motorcycle in the past 3 years, I can wait a little longer. Paperworks are all in place now, parking space will be ready tomorrow, I'll bring the bike home in 48 hours, but not without christening it with a proper ride throughout the city of HK. Expect photos and videos!

Warranty & Service card, vehicle registration document, insurance papers
19297602996_996d9f3605_c.jpg
Birth certificates of my new bike by Paul Li, on Flickr

• Global Moderator

Sweet ! Congratulations. Let the fun begin. I am sure Hong Kong has some pretty cool back roads too. That's where the bike will shine!

There are a few short twisty routes here, one of which is called Route Twisk. It's an 6.8 miles up hill to down hill mountain pass where lots of bikers go to get their knees dirty, also a few deadly accidents every year, naturally.

https://goo.gl/maps/KzShJ

I had trouble getting my old CB400 up this pass in third gear, which I think will be a thing of the past with the MT-07. Very much looking forward to taking it there once I'm comfortable with it.

In other news, here are the other few bits and bobs I ordered in anticipation for this bike.

19165030220_70ed95b62c_c.jpg
MT-07 2014 CNC Billet Aluminum Black Short Brake Clutch Levers by Paul Li, on Flickr

19346558882_7ec326b1f3_c.jpg
Motodynamic Yamaha FZ-07/MT-07 Sequential LED Tail Lights Smoked by Paul Li, on Flickr

19356662021_6797f5b05c_c.jpg
CNC Bar End Mirrors by Paul Li, on Flickr

Picking up the bike in about 13 hours 19 minutes... yes, I'm counting down the minutes, shut up.

Just got home completely drenched in sweat from the 86 degrees heat 83% humidity after picking up the bike from the shop and taking it around the city to run a few errands. This thing is so much fun to ride.

18756713593_7a14bf53f8_c.jpg
2015 Yamaha MT-07 ABS by Paul Li, on Flickr

19377346665_de1bf1f3c0_c.jpg

18756704583_5223cb92de_c.jpg

18754815914_fe0d7ce7a8_c.jpg

Will take it out for some scenic ride and photoshoots this weekend.

Made it up on a CB400, huh?! Well, you should be able to ride a wheelie up that mountain and pick up speed with the FZ, MT 07. Have fun!

Beemer

Spent a little time this Sunday afternoon working on the bike, swapping the factory lights with the MotoDynamic integrated alternating sequential LED tail light I ordered earlier

19432535342_8a9cb13b9e_c.jpg
Before by Paul Li, on Flickr

18818210883_1ce9a0d233_c.jpg
During [HASH]1 by Paul Li, on Flickr

19438813495_ebd447c6ac_c.jpg
During [HASH]2 by Paul Li, on Flickr

19438810215_5d444ba3fa_c.jpg
During [HASH]3 by Paul Li, on Flickr

19252642399_ee729c3eab_c.jpg
After by Paul Li, on Flickr

18816316624_2d7c4aea03_c.jpg
Looking sharp! by Paul Li, on Flickr

I think it is inevitable that I get a fender eliminator next

• Global Moderator

That's just a sexy bike!

Your license plate looks very English btw.

That's just a sexy bike!  
Your license plate looks very English btw.
I know! I can't believe I'm with this chick! 
The style of the licence plate was probably carried over from the days when HK was still a British colony.

• 1 month later...

The bike is still alive and well, I've just done 1000km in it, with lots of smiles of course. Some new photos from a night out around the less glamorous parts of HK.

21165609384_6f9a3f7f99_b.jpg
Yamaha MT-07 @ TKO Industrial Park by Paul Li, on Flickr

Love the MotorDynamic tail lights
21167249923_e0b7dbf84b_b.jpg
Yamaha MT-07 MotorDynamic Lights Off by Paul Li, on Flickr

21788313305_e09396cb48_b.jpg
Yamaha MT-07 MotorDynamic Lights On by Paul Li, on Flickr

nice looking bike. Where are the bar end mirrors?
The bar end mirrors are still in their box, as the factory Yamaha handles are threaded and doesn't work with standard bar ends. I'm planning on swapping to a slightly lower after market handle bar in the near future so I'll fit the bar end mirrors then.  

Beautiful pics dacxint!
Can't wait to get mine, on about 2-3 weeks.
I'm not a fan of white tail light, but it doesn't look bad on this bike. How's the feel on the short levers? I was about to put the evotech ones, but i finally ordered with rizoma rrc!

Beautiful pics dacxint! Can't wait to get mine, on about 2-3 weeks.
I'm not a fan of white tail light, but it doesn't look bad on this bike. How's the feel on the short levers? I was about to put the evotech ones, but i finally ordered with rizoma rrc!
Thanks xt4tic, I'm loving this bike, and I know exactly how you feel! 
I kind of miss the red tail lights too, but the LEDs really doesn't stand out too much like those aftermarket Lexus lights. The (polymer) glass is slightly smoked.

The short levers are great, I've been using short levers on my old bike and I just like their reach and profile more comfortable. I use 2 finger grip on both sides and it's wonderful. I've listed the link to where I got mine in one of the posts above, it's made in China...but the quality is outstanding.

lol! "Birth Certificate". Never heard it put that way before but I like it! Congrats and stay frosty!

Beemer

• 1 month later...
lol! "Birth Certificate". Never heard it put that way before but I like it! Congrats and stay frosty!
I though no one would notice, glad you liked it!

Finally, I've added another much needed modification to the bik - fender eliminator!

21165756294_804b21a53b_b.jpg
20150916-DSCF8985.jpg by Paul Li, on Flickr

Now, I just need to get on the bread line so I can save up enough to install a proper exhaust. This thing sounds like a stuffed up vacuum cleaner...

• 3 years later...

Hi everyone, it's been a few years and I am still happily chugging along on my MT-07, here's an update on what I've done to her and a photo to share:

Okay, here goes:

Year 2015 (ABS)

**Modifications from front to back**

1. Single piece carbon fibre front fender (Taobao China)
2. R&G front fork sliders (from R&G)
3. Were Wolf poly windscreen (group order from Thailand
4. Woodcraft clip-on handle bars (eBay USA)
5. CNC Aluminium brake & clutch levels (Taobao China)
6. Front light cover protector (Taobao China)
7. Halogen headlight bulb
8. Spirit Beast LED indicators front and rear (Taobao China)
9. TST adjustable LED flasher relay (TST)
10. R&G frame sliders (R&G)
11. Woodcraft engine protectors (eBay)
12. Zeus raised pedals (group order from Taiwan)
13. CNC rear brake reservoir cap (Taobao China)
14. CNC rear foot pegs (Taobao China)
15. Tail tidy registration plate holder (eBay Germany)
16. MT-07 MotoCage rear seat (eBay Germany)
17. Pyramid Plastics Fender Extender

18. Zeus rear wheel fender (group order from Taiwan)
19. Motodynamic LED integrated rear light smoked (eBay) configured wires so I have turn indicators both in the rear brake cluster and the external turn signals.
20. Front & rear video recorder unit (cameras fixed under front light and rear plate holder, central recording unit stored under rear seat, records to Micro SD card on 5 min loops)

DSCF7565-Edit.jpg

1 hour ago, dacxint said:

Hi everyone, it's been a few years and I am still happily chugging along on my MT-07, here's an update on what I've done to her and a photo to share:

Okay, here goes:

Year 2015 (ABS)

**Modifications from front to back**

1. Single piece carbon fibre front fender (Taobao China)
2. R&G front fork sliders (from R&G)
3. Were Wolf poly windscreen (group order from Thailand
4. Woodcraft clip-on handle bars (eBay USA)
5. CNC Aluminium brake & clutch levels (Taobao China)
6. Front light cover protector (Taobao China)
7. Halogen headlight bulb
8. Spirit Beast LED indicators front and rear (Taobao China)
9. TST adjustable LED flasher relay (TST)
10. R&G frame sliders (R&G)
11. Woodcraft engine protectors (eBay)
12. Zeus raised pedals (group order from Taiwan)
13. CNC rear brake reservoir cap (Taobao China)
14. CNC rear foot pegs (Taobao China)
15. Tail tidy registration plate holder (eBay Germany)
16. MT-07 MotoCage rear seat (eBay Germany)
17. Pyramid Plastics Fender Extender

18. Zeus rear wheel fender (group order from Taiwan)
19. Motodynamic LED integrated rear light smoked (eBay) configured wires so I have turn indicators both in the rear brake cluster and the external turn signals.
20. Front & rear video recorder unit (cameras fixed under front light and rear plate holder, central recording unit stored under rear seat, records to Micro SD card on 5 min loops)

DSCF7565-Edit.jpg

You should take some of the knowledge you gained adding all that stuff and post some tech tips in out tech tips section. They would be seen by and help thousands of riders for years to come. 

And, welcome back to the forum!! 

Archived