The MT-07 Forum

Power outlet.... where is it? And....

recurveshooter

recurveshooter

Sorry if this has been brought up before but I understand there is a power outlet under the left side of the "tank". Can  anyone tell me exactly where it is and what it looks like? Do I need to remove panels to find it? Can I plug my iPhone into it? Will it require an adapter? Any and all information is welcome. Thanks in advance - recurveshooter

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

It is a white two wire connector under the left hand side tank panel. Mine was more visible with the tank off but it would have been possible to see it with the tank on still.  Its kind of at the rearward end of all the electronics boxes.

Sumitomo-MT-090-2-M(6187-2311)-F(6180-2321).jpg
Mine had a female connector attached to it (taped into the main harness) so all i had to do was push out the plugs that it had in the connector, crimp connectors and water seals onto wire and push into the housing.  you can get all the pieces you need at cycle terminal.  To do it properly you do need a special crimp tool which is at the bottom of the page that i linked.  If you want to buy another connector the MT090-2 is the one that you want.

Archived