databyter

Good Deal On Service Manual

paulibiker
Just bought one.............THANKS!

That's the cheapest I've seen them.

so1102
Wow that'a a good deal. I paid $80 for mine :/

tino206
Let me know once you receive, I will buy it after I know it's legit ;)
  • Like 1

pattonme
That looks 'hand bound' to me. Ie. someone scanned the factory manual or got their hands on the original PDF or publishing document and ran it off at Kinkos (they have policies against this sort of thing) or another commercial printer. The content is no doubt legit, but I am pretty sure the guy offering the service isn't doing so legally or lives in a jurisdiction that doesn't honor US or international copyright law.

tino206
/\\ yep..that's why i opted with waiting...

so1102
That looks 'hand bound' to me. Ie. someone scanned the factory manual or got their hands on the original PDF or publishing document and ran it off at Kinkos (they have policies against this sort of thing) or another commercial printer. The content is no doubt legit, but I am pretty sure the guy offering the service isn't doing so legally or lives in a jurisdiction that doesn't honor US or international copyright law.
Good eye.  I feel better knowing I paid full price for mine now :)

databyter
Let me know once you receive, I will buy it after I know it's legit ;)
You bet. So far it seems very legit. Plus I paid for it with Paypal so I'm protected either way. They sent me confirmation on purchase, and on shipping status so far which seems pretty solid. I did register on the page, as opposed to buying as a guest, but I assume the emails and updates are part of any purchase, and a really good sign that these guys feed a lot of shops around the country. THere are tons of other manuals as well. 
I'll post my results when I get the manual, with pics.

Databyter

databyter
Interesting I didn't notice the heavy duty binding. 
Then again, that's a lot of trouble to go thru to sell a pirated document. Most text books that this is done to are sold in 3 hole folders or similar.

Lets wait till I get it and see. These are SHOP manuals, not bookcase trophies. I have seen legit service manuals with heavy duty binding built to last in a shop environment. The description specifically says there are genuine, but of course that means nothing.

I would hesitate to report them, as someone said they have, until I do the review upon receipt. I do some nice pics, and we can see what the writing that seems to be stamped into the binding says.

Databyter

databyter
How was yours bound?

databyter
Zoomed in on the binding stamp. It just says "secure Bind". I can't call it.

so1102
How was yours bound?
Uh like a normal book. With glue.

databyter
How was yours bound?
Uh like a normal book. With glue.
This would appear to be somewhat suspect then, given the price and the binding. I'm witholding judgement until I recieve shipment, but I'll let you guys know what I get. Maybe the pic is an original binding with a shop friendly re-enforcement. Maybe not. 

cndnmax
Even if it's a printed PDF version, 35 is a fair price.